Chapter 3

{Esmeralda's POV} 

I was looking through my closet for the perfect outfit to wear I settled for a Motionless In White t-shirt, black shorts, and black converse I got dressed and walked into the bathroom when I was finished in the bathroom, I made my bed and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen my parents were sitting at the table drinking their coffee I made myself a bowl of Count Chocula and joined my parents at the table they didn't pay me any mind as usual. 

"Esmeralda what are your plans for today?" my mother asked uninterested. 

"I am going to spend the day with one of my idols from one of my favorite bands." I said casually. 

"Who is coming to see you?" my father asked sternly. 

"Chris Motionless I met him when I worked the AP tent at Warped Tour and we started talking I gave him my cellphone number and address." 

"You will not be going anywhere with that tattooed, make-up wearing freak!!" 

"I am twenty-one years old you can't keep telling me what to do!!" 

"You live under my roof so your mother and I will keep telling you what to do." my father said angrily. 

I got up from the table and washed up my dishes and stormed out of the kitchen I stormed upstairs to my room and slammed my bedroom door I sat down on my bed and looked at the poster of Chris Motionless that I have hanging on the back of my door. A few minutes later my cellphone was ringing I grabbed my phone and answered it. 

"I just pulled up out front of your house." 

"I'll be right down to let you in." 

"What's wrong you sound upset?" Chris asked concerned.

"My parents pissed me off so what else is new." I replied.

"What did your parents say about me that pissed you off?" 

"My father called you a tattooed, make-up wearing freak." 

I walked downstairs and opened the front door for Chris he came into the house I closed the door and locked it I led Chris into the living room my parents came into the living room the minute they saw Chris they didn't look happy he looked at my parents and smiled politely. 

"Mom, dad this is Chris Motionless he is the front man from the band Motionless In White." I said. 

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Sky." Chris said politely. 

"Esmeralda didn't your father just tell you that you are not allowed to hang out with this tattooed, make-up wearing freak." my mother said rudely. 

"Mom, dad stop being rude to Chris." I replied angrily. 

"Sweetie if you go anywhere with him don't bother coming back!!" 

"Mr. and Mrs. Sky you can't treat your daughter like this it isn't right to treat your daughter like this for being different if you think calling me a tattooed, make-up wearing freak would get to me you have another thing coming. I have been called meaner things than that I have been called a faggot on more than one occasion I didn't let it get to me and I will not let your mean words get to me either I guess no one ever told you to open your mind before your mouth and people only fear what they don't understand." 

I was surprised Chris stood up to my parents for the way that they treat me because no one else would stand up to my parents for the way that they treat me it felt weird having someone that didn't know me stand up for me for once. 

"Esmeralda go upstairs and pack your belongings you are no longer allowed to stay here." my mother said.

"But mom I have nowhere to go." I explained.