Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Nathan POV:

"You want to spy on Brooklyn?"

"That's what I said isn't it?" Wyatt is walking with his signature "swagger" down the hallway. Girls giggle as he winks at them when they pass by.

"That is the worst idea I've ever heard." I reply, shaking my head.

"What? Why?" He glances at me, confused. Of course he's confused. His IQ is lower than his standards, which says a lot.

"One, if she found out she would burst a vessel." We walk into math and take a seat in the back. "And two, there is no point."

"That's where you are wrong." Wyatt says, lowering his voice. "Her and Payson are hiding something. It's something to do with Brooklyn. I told you what happened in English yesterday."

"It's called static electricity. And if they were really hiding something, they wouldn't just conveniently broadcast it in public where we could spy on them." Wyatt was definitely going bonkers. "And then there's Payson. If Brooklyn find out, she'd be pissed. But if Payson found out... let's just say you would never get to have little werewolf babies with Autumn."

Wyatt punches me in the shoulder with enough force that I growl at him. "I'm just telling the truth!" I say, rubbing my sore arm.

"It wouldn't have to be in public. We can go to Brooklyn's dorm on council business, but actually expose her secret."

"And how are you going to do that?"

"Remember how you said Brooklyn hates us?" He asks me mischievously.

"Sure."

"When I talked to her before English yesterday, she seemed annoyed. Then when I touched her she shocked me."

"Yeah yeah. I've heard the story."

 I'm about to tune him out when he says, "That has to be her trigger. Let's go annoy a banshee."

****

Brooklyn POV:

I raise my hand to knock on Payson's door, but it flies open before I get the chance.

"What are you doing here?" Payson asks. She steps outside her dorm.

"How did you know I was here if I didn't knock?" I ask her, surprised. "Is that another banshee thing?"

Payson rolls her eyes and locks the door behind her. "I'm on my way out."

"Actually, I need to ask you something. Do you have a moment?" I gesture to her dorm that she just locked.

She looks at me for a moment, then sighs and opens the door again, letting me in. I sit on Emery's messy bed and she steps inside and closes the door. "What is it Brooklyn?" She remains standing with her arms folded.

"I learned something very interesting from Wyatt today."

"And what's that?" Payson eyes me warily.

"Ever heard the story about the Draki going rouge?" I study her facial expression as she shrugs.

"Sure, everyone has."

"Someone was killing people and leaving behind no cause of death. Now some fifty years later, it's happening again." I stand up and meet her. "The people are having the life drained out of them, like banshees can do."

Payson glances around, looking at anything but me.

"What do you know, Payson?"

She huffs and meets my eyes. "Something's going on at Griggs."