Mr. Smirk

"Well hello"

I close my locker shut to find a Caucasian male smirking back at me from the other side.

How cliche.

"Um, hi"

I walk by him pushing bangs over my eyes. The last thing I needed was to be seen as Melody and not Olivia.

I had decided that's what needed to happen. I needed to become Olivia and not just change my name.

I almost made it past when he pulled my hand back so forcefully that I slammed into his chest. I glanced up to see him smirking back at me. I put my hand on his chest to try and push back but his grip on my wrist was strong.

"Where ya going so fast, dollface?" he asks continuing that same smirk.

I looked up to meet his eyes and as much as I just wanted to get to class and away from Mr. Smirk I couldn't notice how attractive he was.

His piercing green eyes with brown specks mixed in.

His nose wasn't too large and not too small but the smirk that pulled up his lip made me think of a passed love I didn't want to think of.

"Enjoying the view?"

His comment pulled me out of my head. Man, that seemed to happen a lot lately.

"Nah, hon, your man whore was just coming off a little"

That stupid smirk grew and his eyes had a slight sparkle that was odd.

"Well I'm sorry you think of me that way. Hon. So on a scale of 1 to America how free are you tonight?"

I blinked once. Then blinked two more times.

"North Korea" I state simply and this time I got passed since he was so dumbfounded.

I sashayed past grinning and very proud of myself. Glancing back I saw him leaning against the closed lockers with an amused face.

"Hey you dropped something", he calls from behind me. I look around my feet expecting the find a piece of paper or pen but there wasn't anything. I look back up confused, "my jaw", he slyly states.

I scoffed. Who the heck did this guy think he was?

"'Sup, Mel" Nick catches up with me.

"What,oh hey, nothing much just had a weird encounter with a way to forward guy"

Nick scoffed "What happened?"

"Well within a two minute encounter he managed to ask me out and accused me of wanting him."

"Man, Mel, get it" Nick was way too amused with this

I smack him in the arm grinning "You know it isn't like that, ya jerk."

He grins "Ya, I know. Hey, I think we have the same class next, c'mon" He puts his arm out for me to grab so I do and we move along the hallway to our next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk in our chemistry class and I take a seat next to him at one of the tables.

Nick leans over and puts a hand in front of his mouth "So what name are they going to call when Perkins calls role"

I stopped to think. My parents signed me up for this school and I silently pray they put my name as Olivia not Melody.

I shrug and noticing I'm nervous he puts his hand on top of mine and smiles,  "It'll be okay no matter what happens" he reassures me and for some reason I truly believe that.

The teacher Mr. Perkins trots in, being a larger man, and immediately starts taking role which I found quite odd.

"Murphy, Nicholas" "Here"

I glanced at him "I didn't know that was your last name." "Oh ya, my mom remarried a little after you moved" he shrugs.

"Page, Olivia"

Thanks God. "Here"

"Reed, Kaleb" "Here" an amused, familiar voice comes from behind me.

I slowly glanced behind me to see who it was and Mr. Smirk smiled back at me.

I quickly turn around "That's him" I whispered to Nick. "That's the guy from earlier"

"Kaleb?" he scoffs "You have fun with that"

"What does that mean?" I ask nervously.

Nick smiles "Well every girl wants him pretty much, but he hardly ever shows any affection to any of them. Not really at least. He actually a pretty cool guy. I mean not cooler than me of course, but ya know" he grins.

I glance back over my shoulder to see Mr. Smirk looking down at his phone with his signature smirk on his face.

I grinned. He was pretty attractive. Maybe I could just mess with him. He seemed like the right kind of guy I could do that to. But nothing would ever come out of it. Never again. I felt like I owed that much to Taylor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY GUYS ANOTHER ONE DOWN. I AM SO SORRY THESE ARE TAKING SO LONG BUT I HAVE BEEN SUPER BUSY LATLY! MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT! WE LOVE HEARING FROM Y'ALL!! -p