(4) Awkward Silence

It's official.

Life sucks.

I go to talk to my parents, and what do they do? Send me straight to voicemail. Nick is basically bugging with every detail about what REALLY happened between Jake and I. Ally and Liz keep giving their phones to the guys so I would talk to them.

Oh! And to top it off, I have run out of food. I haven't been in public, other than plane, since everything. What if people really notice who I am?

That's something I can't risk. All the "What if's." It's something that kills people. The nervousness and worry till it finally eats you up.

"Melony!!! You've been kept up in here for days!!! Let's go out," Nick says walking in my house.

"Yea, let's not," I say turning back and placing the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

"Why?! You've been cooped up in this house ever since you got here! You need to do something!"

"The point of my summers are to hide away from humanity and binge watch on Netflix and Hulu."

"You used to love to go out. Now, you want to just stay home."

"It's apart of growing up, Nick."

"Well don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't grow up. Things only get worse."

"So I should run to Neverland and become a Lost Girl? I mean, I always had a crush on Peter Pan."

"That's what I'm talking about!! Never grow up!!"

"But then again, I think it's a little too late for that."

"It's never too late."

"It's was too late for Taylor."

Silence.

Very.

Very.

Very.

Very.

Awkward silence.

Nick walks towards me and looked at me.

"He didn't have a choice."

"Neither do I.""What do you mean?"

"I don't want to keep running."

"Then don't."

"How do I not do that when I'm basically being hunted. Everyone wants to see my side. They want to tear me down and make me cry. Because if people see that note, they will know it's my fault Taylor died."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is!! He said that he didn't get the treatment because he didn't want to watch me fall into Jake's trap. He thought I would never go for him. But he was just being so naive! He wasn't thinking of all of his fans or his career!! He put me, a small town girl he knew for less than 3 months, in front of his whole life. If that doesn't scream blame, I don't know what would. It's my fault, Nick. No one else."

"Melody, I knew Taylor, and I promise you there was way more reasons as to why he didn't get the treatment."

"You....you knew Taylor."

"Yes. Yes I did."

"How?"

"I'm not allowed to tell you."

"Why?"

"I just can't."

"Why?"

"I just can't, Melody!!! So drop it!!"

There's that awkward silence again.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said get out," I seethe. "I don't like people who keep secrets and I don't want them in my house. Leave."

"Mel-"

"Don't. Just go. I have stuff to do."

Nick walks out of the kitchen and I hear my front door close quietly.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

Then I scream. I just scream at the top of my lungs. I fall to my knees and just try to breath normally. I curl up in a ball on the hardwood floor and just silently scream and my mouth hangs open trying to gain air.