Chapter 1

Your Grace,

Viscount Oliver Shillings has been away from London for 3 months. He is currently in America. Word has it that he ran from London after a confrontation with his father, Lord William Shillings, the Earl of Rothsay, who has threatened to disinherit him. I shall call upon Your Grace to give further details.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Long

Daniel Stanyon, the Duke of Stoutbridge, held the letter in his hands with a scowl on his face. He had been trying to get his hands on the bastard who had killed his sister. He was hell bent on revenge. When he had returned to London, he hired private investigators to find the killer and the report was in his hands.

"What is the the news, Stoutbridge?" asked Sebastian, the Marquess of Winchester, who was Daniel's only friend and confidante. 

Daniel pushed the letter into his hands and reclined in his chair. Sebastian went through the letter and looked questioningly at Daniel. "So, what are you going to do now?" 

"I will find him even if he goes to other end of earth," Daniel replied with fervor. 

"Then?" asked Sebastian.

"I will challenge him to a duel and kill him."

Sebastian sent his friend a mocking look and said, "If someone challenges you to a duel, what do you feel?"

"I would find it exhilarating. I would be excited to defeat the fool who dared challenge me," replied Daniel. 

"Exactly, that is what I mean. You will not feel it is a punishment even if you are defeated, even if you are killed. So how do you suppose that it will be sufficient revenge to just challenge him to a duel?" Sebastian raised one eyebrow. 

"Then what shall I do? I want revenge. I want him to taste hell on earth."

"The bastard must taste the same pain you suffered. He must be paid in his same coin," Sebastian said calmly.

"HOW?"

"I have a perfect plan. This Oliver Shillings has a sister, Patricia, I think. Do I have to explain the rest?" said Sebastian smiling wickedly. 

Daniel looked at him shocked. "What are you saying? I can't stoop to that bastard's level. I will take him on like a man, not break any innocent's heart in the process."

"You and your misplaced honour! I am not asking to ruin the girl's life like he did to yours. Just use her as a bait. Taunt him and teach him a little pain. That is all I am saying. It is your choice."

Daniel sat with his heads in his hands. He was confused. He wanted revenge. He wanted to make that Oliver want to prefer hell than life on this earth. Was it terribly sinful of him to be tempted by Sebastian's plan?

Forming a resolve, he looked up. "He will pay. He will suffer in the same way that I suffered. Oh, if possible more. Where can I meet this Patricia?"