Chapter Five

there were no sick  or wounded people today so i was just snuggling next to Fang and Light as were talking. ive done this sense i was a kid they would talk to each other and i would snuggle and listen to them, but not today i just rested. felling there warm fur brush my back as they sifted. i was on the verged of sleep when there was a loud ear piercing BANG! all the wolf jumped up and started growling, including Fang and Light.

"what was that...?" i whispered, then the smell hit me, blood and... my eyes widened... and i froze...

"i-i-is is that James...?!" i stuttered, Fang nodded his head i fell onto my butt when the memory came back.

"LIGHT!" the alpha scram, "hide her! she cannot be taken away or killed she will save us one day!" Light growled them nodded. i stood ready for the attacker. then Light backed up into me and made me fall on top of her, i havent had a ride from a wolf in forever. she ran over to the sick spot, it wasnt a long ride but i loved it. she threw me down and covered me with animal skin, sticks and rocks.

"Pandora... i dont know whos gonna make it, hes coming here... but i want you to know... i love you like my own daughter..." she then licked my cheek and ran off to join Fang. i had a feeling i wasnt gonna see her again, so i risked it.

"i love you too Light!" i yelled from my hiding place. then i happened.

"haha! free targets!!!" James stepped into the cave with what the wolfs call a gun, he spoke in a foreign language though i felt as though i knew it somehow. then the shooting started, he hit the alpha and a ton others. Light lunged at his neck.

BANG! she fell limp. he did a wired noise that i guessed was a laugh then he walked out leaving them to bleed there.  i waited a few minutes before coming out. most wolves would run strait to the alpha, not me. i ran to Light.

"LIGHT LIGHT! oh my gosh!" she was bleeding everywhere. "no no no no NO! hold on! someone get me my pouch!" one of the wolves flung it at me i opened it and found i only had enough for one antidote, it was her or the alpha. light seemed to realize that and whispered,

"Pan... leave me... the alpha is more inportant..."  Light wispered, then the light seemed to fade from her eyes,

"no no no no! NO! please stay with me! your like my mother no!" tears flooded my vision as i relized i was holding here dead carcass.

i got up and turned to the alpha, i mixed the past and saved him.

"thank you Pan."  he said. calling me by the nickname Light gave me.

"dont call me that." i hissed

"what Pan... but thats your nickname." he questioned

"dont ever call me that! i will never forgive you!" i yelled turning away

"me? its not my fault sh-" he started

"NEVER!" i again yelled cutting him off. i walked over and gathered up her carcass. the alpha was silent.

i then ran out of the den with Fang on my heals and the dead Light in my hands.

'goodbye mother...' i thought

HAHA! how did you guys like the twist?! :) she was gonna die otherwise it wouldnt be a good story!