2: Underestimate Me

• Dedicated to Anyone Who Thinks The Game By Alyssa Reid is a good song for the Hunger Games

       "Watch it bud!" I yell at the Peacekeeper who roughly grabbed me body to take me to the Capitol. His face is still the Poker Face he had one the entire time. I wonder how the ride to the Capitol will be like? The training center? Opening Ceremony? The actual Hunger Games? But for my strategy, I'm going to act weak, cry all the time, show no strength whats so ever.

          Then, I'm shoved into the room and before I can ask any questions, Sitka runs in, tears streaming down her face with her blond hair a mess. "Jo-Jo..." She sobs. I start to cry. We hug, cry and then a question pops up. "You know the-the-the bracelet I gave y-y-y-yoou? K-Keep it ah-ah-as *sniff* your dis-s-s-trict token!" She wails, wiping the waterfall coming from her eyes. She been through lots of pain, she lost her twin two years ago in the Hunger Games.

     "Ladies, it's time for the next visitor." A Peacekeeper say. I hug my friend and she leaves. In tears. Next is Alerce.

     "Jo.... I will miss you." Alerce says, silent tears forming. "I will miss you too. But think of it was a vacation. I will be back in a week, two weeks tops! I got a plan." I smile, trying to perk him up. He smiles. "Okay." We start chatting about my strategy. I tell him my plan and he is a little un easy about it. He thinks it's to risky and im going to kill myself! Ugh, stop worrying Alerce!

     "It's time." The same Peacekeeper says. He departs and my mother and brother come in. We hug, cry and hug more and cry. And hug again and cry some more. They leave. Some teachers of mine come in and more friends of mine come in. Soon enough, I'm on my way to the Capitol.

     I ask my mentor, who this year, is Kassidina. By the looks, when I seen a Games where she mentored, the male tribute was the victor. And lots of people from back home said she was a wonderful mentor, even if they never were in the Games. I asked her where my room is. She shows me and gives me a smile. No speaking, Weird. 

     The room is a light green, not to light but dark enough to calm me down. I change into a pair of green pants and a baggy gray wool sweater. And I also fix my hair into a bun. Why act and look preppy for a game where you have a 99% chance of dying? Make zero sense. I walk out of my room and run straight into Locust.

     "Uh, hi." I say, putting a smile on.

     "Hi Johanna." Locust says, no emotion in voice.

     I give him a grin and turn and walk to the dining room. I grab a banana and sit on the couch. Birtha comes in and trailing behind her, with the no emotion face still plastered on.

     "Time for the reapings!" Birtha giggles, putting the channel on the Reapings. I watch the reapings, being wary of the Careers and MAJOR competitors. But, when I arrive in the Capitol, I will be weak and claimed as a baby. That my not get me sponsors.... until the final 8. Then, I will get so many sponsors, Kassidina will go wild with all the cash. I imagine the riches and money for the money I will get with sponsors. I can also imagine my new home. In Victors Village. With so much cash, I could swim in it!

      I snap from my day dream and the the seal appears and the screen goes back. Locust grunts and stands up, stretching. I focus on him. He has dark tanned skin, short black hair and big muscles. He also has a black wolf tattoo on his upper left arm. It's pretty noticeable, he doesn't try to hide it either. His eyes are a deep green, which reminds me of home. I sigh, I miss home. 

     Two years ago, I took my camera out. Alerce, Sitka and I went around our town, snapping pictures to and fro. There is this one picture, of me, Sitka and Alerce all standing in front of the sun's rays and I'm not so sure what makes this my favourite photo, but I wish my camera was here now, Sitka and Alerce will love the pictures. I will ask Kassidina later if I can.

     I walk to my room, thousands of questions brewing in my mind. All about the Games. I sigh, tossing on a pair of blue pajama bottoms and a orange tank top. I slip under my covers and fall asleep.

    "Johanna..... Johaaaana...... WE GOT YOU!" The voices surrounding me cry out. Then, 7 people pop out, armed with weapons. The Careers. They are going to kill me! I think. "Move Johanna. Dare you too." One female speaks. I squeal. Then, the same female launches her weapon at me. Along with the rest of the Careers. And one tag along.

     "YAAAAAAAAAAA!" I scream, waking up from a nightmare. I wipe the sweat off my forehead that appeared. The clock reads 8:42AM. I asked Kassidina when breakfast is. 9:00. I dash out of the sweat covered bed to the bathroom. I pop into the shower. I hit a button and mint soap hits me and then washes away down the drain. Then, with another button, blueberry chocolate shampoo. Mmmh... I hop out of the shower, clean as kitten. A very clean kitten. Heh. A hot air bursts and dries my skin in seconds. I get out of the bathroom, dry and clean (as a kitten). I put on clean underwear, a yellow t-shirt and jean shorts. then, a pair of green sandals. I brush my chocolate hair and walk to to the dining room. I'm a little late, I can tell since everyone else is eating. I sit in a chair with untouched eggs, bacon and toast. I gobble the food up and feeling stuffed afterwards. There has been some small talk tossed between the table. Not much, but some.

     A women silently grabs the empty plate in front of me and the others.

     "Thank you." I smile. She gives a smile but says nothing.

     "Thank you." I repeat.

     "THANK YOU." I repeat again, louder.

     "For heavens sake! She is an Avox! She can't talk!" Birtha explains, annoyed.

     "Oh...." Talk about embarrassing....

     I take a seat on the couch and start to read a book titled 'Twilight.' Published in... 2005? That's a really old book. Anyway, I start to read this book, a book about.... Vampires? Wow. Over Used. I toss the very old book on the ground. Then, the train comes to a stop.

     Welcome To The Capitol, Johanna Mason.

____

Wow, It took me a WHILE to post this.

Who liked my trash talk to Twilight? Anyone? I loved it.