chapter 1

My first story guys be gentle, I'm up for all kinds of feed back, cuss me, correct me or love me, either way it helps :)

Picture of Ashton over there -----------------> see him? right there hehehe

Chapter One

Jade's P.O.V

"Ashton, where are you, you promised to meet me at the front entrance so you could walk in with me"

I cried anxiously down the phone, only to discover I was talking to his answering machine again. That boy I swear he gets on my nerves sometimes, he promised to meet me so I wouldn't have to walk into my first day of school alone. You can do this Jade it's only school no one cares that you're new here or that you aren't wearing the same slutty clothes as the rest of the girls, hey it could be worse, you could have forgotten to wear clothes at all. Finally after a long painful debate with myself, I decided it was best for me to just make my way into the school to find the office, surely they could point me in the right direction if that jerk wasn't going to help his most loyal, trusted friend. Before I could ramble on in my head about how selfish it was for him to ditch me, I was brought to attention by an ear piercingly loud wolf whistle. And so it began, Ashton did warn me that with my "good looks" and "amazing" personality I could quite quickly turn into the most sought after girl in school. Which is not something I wanted for myself, I was quite happy being a social outcast, as long as I had Ashton by my side I could get through this. Wait why is everyone still looking at me is something wrong? I looked down to see if a shoelace was untied or my fly was undone when I realised why i had attracted so much attention, it wasn't my fly or shoelace in fact nothing had come undone, it was much worse, I was wearing nothing at all.

"Hey baby wanna come for a walk i can show you around" a cheeky guy asked flirting his butt off, giving me a dazzling smile and a subtle wink before walking off laughing with his group of very hot friends. Oh god what do I do there is no where to hide in this god forsaken place. As my eyes darted across every single inch of open space searching for a way out they drifted upon literally my worst nightmare, the main reason for my long restless nights and hundreds of scars and bruised.

My step- dad. "Brad, W-what are you doing here, why aren't you at work"

I stuttered still searching for my escape route but there was no way out, I was trapped in a circle of students, Brad and I the center of attention.

"I just wanted to come see my failure of a daughter screw up her first day of school like i knew she would" he replied glaring at me his eyebrows crushed together his evil eyes looking me up and down not missing an inch of my naked flesh. For as long as i could remember Brad had always shown an intense hatred toward me. It started with abusive words, which although not physically scarring, still engraved their way into my brain leaving me the emotional wreck I am now. But then things got worse, he took a liking to physically hurting me as well, leaving my skin torn and bruised my face red and puffy from sobbing myself to sleep every single night. But worst of all, the abuse meant that my brother had to grow up far to quickly, if he wasn't there for me, i would have gone days without food or water, or without leaving my room at all.

"So typical isn't it sweetie" he practically spat making his way slowly towards me,

"You can't even remember to get dressed in the mornings, now you have embarrassed me and this family and you will pay for what you have done".

Slowly he lifted his hand to the perfect height for the best impact across my face, and as if in slow motion it flew through the air and i tensed waiting for impact.

Suddenly i jolted upright in the familiar bed, clasping a hand over my mouth to muffle the scream that was making it's way up my throat. Although it took a while i finally found my sense of direction and realised I was still laying with Ashton in bed. Oh please don't tell me I woke him, he's going to have a panic attack over me again fussing around to make sure I'm OK. I gently reached out to the bedside table, being careful not to move the bed to much so I could check my phone to see what time it was. 1:00am. Great now I will never get to sleep. Sleeping curled up next to Ashton wasn't unusual, nor was it weird to be so close to a guy that is like a big brother to me. Ever since we were little kids around 5-6 we would all have a sleep over playing around like normal kids would with not a care in the world. Back then my father was still alive and so was Chase and much to my big brothers disgust i would always choose to sleep in the same bed as Ashton. Although they were the best of friends what Ashton and I shared was something so different so amazing it was a bond no one could break, and I don't think any one had any intentions to. But ever since the death of my father and brother things had gotten so hard with my new step-dad and not being able to attend a normal school, and still Ashton never gave up on me he would still sleep over when ever he could even if it meant sneaking into my room. He knew he was the reason I could sleep at night and i think he was quite proud of himself to have that kind of power over someone. We had encountered the usual problems like any other friends would although I'm sure ours differed fairly dramatically. He always had been so darn handsome and any one could see that, his black hair always looked so perfect although half the time he didn't bother even brushing it in the mornings he would simple just run his finger thought it and flick it to the side. Which actually really got on my nerves sometimes as he did it so often. His face was like that of an angels, his deep brown eyes were always filled with love and happiness, and he never failed to smile at all times, it was just who he was. Sometimes as embarrassing as it was he would catch me checking him out, but like i could help it he was just so gorgeous his body was one of which I'm sure all the guys in school envied, and his style was often copied by some but the way he wore his black leather jacket and skinny jeans was just so easy and natural that no-one could ever look so amazing in them, and his ass well no wonder all the girls loved him it was just so perfect. Jade stop ew this is your best friend your talking about that's just not right stop right now. I shook my head quickly to get all the images out, but it was a big mistake. Next thing i knew i was being smothered by Ashton's half naked body, his hands running through my long dark brown hair soothing me, and his eyes staring into mine, i don't know what he saw when he gazed into my light blue eyes but he must like it immensely as he seems to do it often.

"Baby are you OK? What happened? did you have another bad dream?" his face was the picture of worry as he attacked me with a billion questions, his hands still working through my hair and his leg still casually draped over mine. Like i said our friendship problems were very different to those of other girls, when they shared beds their problems were always 'you're hogging the blanket' or 'get off my side'. Well for Ashton and I we simply can't get close enough to each other, the closer we are the more safe and comfortable i feel. But there was one problem with being so close, and it had happened since he hit puberty. Every morning i would wake up to his erection poking into my back, thigh or stomach. Although it doesn't bother me now since i'm used to it, when we were little it got so awkward and embarrassing we would sleep so far apart i'm surprised we managed to stay on the one bed. But after talking it through we realised neither of us were actually very fazed by it.

"OK, 2 things Romeo, your leg is squishing me, and if you keep worrying so much that pretty little head of yours will be filled with grey hair and stress wrinkles, I'm fine honestly i just can't sleep I'm stressed out about school tomorrow" I stated casually trying to calm him down, and as if on cue his leg moved off of me and he boosted himself up onto one elbow to get a better look at me. God i hate lying to him but it's the only way I could be sure he would get some sleep tonight.

"You sure your OK? I mean i could sing you to sleep if you want" His voice and face was still thick with worry. Singing was something that had always come so naturally to him, and so many nights i had fallen to sleep to the sound of his sweet voice and guitar playing a soft melody he had composed for me many years ago. As corny as it sounds it always made me fall into a peaceful slumber.

"I'm sure babe, lets just get some sleep yeah? we have a big day tomorrow" i murmured snuggling my face back into the crook of his neck breathing in his all to familiar scent, he bent his face in closer to my hair, breathing in the condition i knew he loved and kissed me gently on the top of the head. His arms wrapped around my torso dragging me in impossibly closer, and his leg slumped back over the top of mine, it didn't really squish me i would always just say that knowing he would get a laugh out of it. "Romeo?" i mumbled into his skin. "Yea sweetie?" "thank you, sweet dreams" i whispered kissing his neck like i did every night, although, there was something unusual about this kiss. My lips seemed to linger on his soft, sweet skin for longer then I intended. But he didn't seem to notice the difference, or maybe he did, but he is to much of a gentlemen to mention it to me. My eyes became to heavy to bare so i willingly closed them knowing i would finally drift off into a contempt, dreamless sleep.

I hope you enjoyed it

                      thanks for reading :) Tegan.. x