35.) Shallow graves

Randall. He was back, he was alive. I wanted to immediately crawl under the nearest rock and die. I did my best to hide my face in Daryl's back, but he could feel my trembling.

"Keri" Randall stated, foiling my plan before it could even take place.

"R-Randall" I stammered, doing my best to sound tuff.

Though, I did feel slightly indestructable, standing behind my brick wall of a boyfriend.

Badass was his middle name.

However, even with my indestructible forcefield of a man in front of me, I was still shaking like a leaf.

"Nice to see you again, I see you made it out alive" he said through his smirk.

"You two know each other?" Rick asked, Daryl stood silent.

"We did, she was part of my last group" Randall stated matter of factly.

Daryl's muscles tensed all at once. His body went rigid as realization hit him like a ton of bricks.

Standing two feet in front of us, was one of the men from the group I'd thought long dead.

"On your knees" Daryl spat, shaking me off of him and stomping forward

He pushed his crossbow directly into Randall's forehead, "I said get on your knees, you hard of hearing?"

Randall complied this time, lowering himself to his knees.

"All of you,NOW" Rick ordered, picking up on the change of mood.

The men did as they were told, because, really? What choice did they have?

"Hey, hey, Keri, tell them I'm cool" Randall begged with a shakey voice as Daryl raised his fist.

I couldn't say he was cool, not after his actions in the past, "Sorry Randall, I can't help you." I said, remembering what he'd said to me when Mark had been dragging me off to his tent.

Randall's eyes widened as he probably remembered too, but not for long before Daryl's fist connected.

Glenn made his way to my side, shielding my eyes from the commotion in front of me.

"Is he one of the ones that..-?" Glen started to ask, his own voice trembling.

"Yeah" I nodded into his shoulder.

All I could hear was shouting, shouting and the sickening crunch of hits being thrown.

Glenn let me go ,"Just turn around okay?" He said.

I nodded and turned away, I could no longer feel his presence next to me so I figured he must have joined Daryl and Rick in the brawl.

I was suddenly grabbed by my hair and yanked to the ground, attacked by an unseen force.

I felt several blows to my face and stomach before I could process what was going on.

The metallic taste of blood found its way to my mouth, my eyes blinded by it as well.

I swung my fists connecting with anything I could, determined to fight back.

"Ouch, cut it out, Ker!" Daryl's voice boomed, as he grabbed my wrists, wrapping my own arms around me.

"Daryl?" I said as I opened my eyes.

"Sure as hell ain't Santa clause, sweetheart" He said, running his thumbs over my eyes to wipe away the blood.

When I looked around my eyes landed on Glenn who was furiously pistol whipping some poor guy on the ground in front of me, I assume he was my attacker.

Glenn's face was blood spattered, not his own blood, either.

Daryl gave Glenn a satisfied nod, as he stepped off the guy who was surely dead.

I glanced around me, noting that this place was now a graveyard, some men had arrows in their heads, others had knife wounds.

The next thing I noticed was that none of my boys looked even a bit disgruntled by what had just taken place.

"Wish he wasn't dead" Daryl said as he grabbed my hand, "so's I could killem again"

"Let's go get her cleaned up" Glenn sighed, wiping some blood from his brow.

Rick just nodded, patting my shoulder gently as he walked ahead.

We made our way back to camp, stopping every so often so I could rest away the dizziness from being hit so many times so hard, until Daryl had finally had enough of our stopping and turned to me.

"Lemme carry you, sweetheart" He whispered, leaning down to grab me under my legs.

I shook my head walking behind him instead for a piggy back ride, it would be easier on his arms.

He bent down so I could jump on, which I gladly did.

It felt nice being so close to him.

A small amount of blood from my lip and face dribbled onto his shirt, but he didn't seem to mind.

"We're almost there" Glenn assured me as we walked on.

"Want me to take her for a while?" Rick asked as he fell into step with us.

"Uh-uh" Daryl shook his head

"You sure? I don't mind, you've been carrying her for nearly an hour now" Rick reminded him.

He shook his head again, "She's my girl and I'll carry her forever if I gotta"

I was feeling woozy and I couldn't stop my emotional spillage, "Aww, that's so sweet baby!" I cooed.

"Ain't sweet, its the truth"Daryl corrected as we finally walked up to the gates.

We were home.

But home wasn't there.

An: Sorry for another short chapter I've been really sick lately, have to get blood work done so, I hope you all enjoy.

Xoxo, reedusBxtch