5.) Alone

I could feel the sweat dripping off my face as the dark bag clung to it.

My hat was gone, which pissed me off to say the least. I'm not even sure where I am at this point, all I know is it is hot, I am tied up and I can't see a thing.

Unfortunately for me I will never get out because I am sure they won't waste time and ammunition they don't have to come after me, I guess I'll be the new Merle Dixon.

A rough arm grabs me and pulls me to my feet and I am escorted up a flight of stairs or two, tripping every once in a while, but never actually falling.

I feel the breeze on my skin, which means I am outside.

"Let 'er go!" I hear from nearby.

OK, so Daryl is here. Suddenly the bag is ripped off and I'm staring off the ledge of a roof, at Rick, Daryl,Glenn, and Tdog.

"I have one of yours, you have one of mine, even trade" Rick rested his hand over his gun.

"I don't see how that's an even trade, she could cone in handy around here" The bald guy smirked at the men in front of him.

I shuddered.

"You shut your mouth!" Glenn raced forward, ready to take this much larger guy on.

"Watch it Glenn, we will get her back." Rick stopped him by taking hold on his arm.

"You okay?" Daryl yelled in my direction, shielding his eyes from the glaring sun with his hand. How do I answer that, if he means had they done anything to hurt me yet, they hadn't.

I simply nodded swallowing hard.

"Better stay that way, got it?" Rick warned as Daryl stepped forward to back him up.

"Touch a hair on the girls head, I cut his foot off and bring it to ya in a bag" he said speaking about the boy from the alley that was in Tdogs grip.

Moments later I was being drug back inside where I was untied and taken to a room full of old people.

What the hell?

I was filled in on what the place is and why they needed weapons. It was kind of sweet actually, these big, burly men spent their time protecting these elderly people.

I sat with a little old man and played checkers for a while, before my game was interrupted.

"Oh my God," Glenn ran to me wrapping his arms around me, "we thought you where being ripped apart by dogs"

I laughed at his comment, hugging him tightly, before hugging Rick and Tdog as well.

Daryl didn't look like the hugging type and I let that one be.

"Thank you all!" I cheered, shocked that they had even come back for me.

I didn't think I was important to anyone but Glenn.

*

Rick helped the guys out with some guns and ammo, which, pissed off everyone, in general. Our van had been stolen, most likely by a very vengeful Merle, and running was our only viable option, so that's exactly what we did, we got mad, then we got madder and we ran.

*

Screams pierced the thick humid air surrounding our little camp and I found my feet gaining speed for the first time since we left Atlanta.

Biters where scattered around, a few of our own had become their meals. Andrea lay over a dying Amy, Carol and Sophia close by an already devoured Ed. My eyes scanned for any sign of Carl, but found none.