Chapter 20

Mabel

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I turned to see a pair of golden eyes with black silts staring at us in the shadows. Only his eyes were visible.

"None of your business!" I shouted back.

The figure walked out of the shadow, revealing himself to be... Dipper?

His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was messy. His birthmark was glowing yellow underneath his brown locks. His eyes and tattoos were glowing eerily too. They sent shivers down my spine.

He threw away the leaf blower and glared at us. Leaf blower. So that was how he got the gnomes away.

"Didn't I tell you to get away from me?" Asked Dipper, irritated. He was glaring at Pacifica, who nervously played with her fingers. She suddenly found her shoes interesting and looked down, not daring to raise her head.

"I knew I shouldn't trust a Northwest," hissed Dipper, spatting the last word as if it was a curse. His voice was echoey and demonic. He stroked his furrowed brows, a look of hatred and vengeance on his face.

Pacifica looked hurt, as if his words had stabbed her heart. I didn't know what happened between them but I was sure it was pretty bad.

"Dipper, please listen to me!" I yelled. I couldn't take this! I found Dipper and now he's acting all grumpy and annoying. I'm going to get my brother back!

Dipper laughed. "Tell me, Shooting Star, why should I even listen to you? You made me sacrifice for everything, you even trusted Fez over your own twin brother, and you burnt the journals! Should I go on? The point is, there's absolutely no reason for me to listen your stupid time-wasting talk."

"I---"

"Don't act like you're all innocent, kid. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing. And this is all your fault," growled Dipper, his tone harsher. "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been like this. Look what you made me, thanks to you, I'm now a monster!"

If looks could kill, I would be dead right now.

"I'm sorry for everything! Can you forgive me, please?" I begged, breaking into tears. Pacifica stayed silent.

"You'll crazy to think I'll ever----"

Thump

We all looked at the direction of the source of the sound. Someone was laying on the ground, grunting. The man raised his head and his jaw dropped.

We were surprised too. It was Grunkle Stan!

Dipper frowned. "You shouldn't have come." He then raised his hand and Grunkle Stan suddenly collapse to the ground.

"How could you do that to our Grunkle, Dipper?!" I yelled. I couldn't believe it! Stan just came and got knocked unconscious!

Dipper didn't answer. He instead clutched his head and started groaning and screaming with anguish. His breathing came out in sharp, shallow rasps. "S-stop." His words were almost inaudible, but they still echoed around the eerie forest.

Something was hurting him! But what? I watched my own brother being in pain, knowing that I couldn't do anything to help him, I felt useless.

"Move, move, move!" Shouted someone behind our backs. It was the Agents. The agents were each holding guns and were pointing them at us. We didn't move and just stood there as if we were frozen statues. They wouldn't shoot us, would they?

The agents lowered their guns. Agent Trigger gestured at Agent Powers and pointed at Dipper. Dipper didn't seem to notice the agents. He continued clutching his head in pain. The agents nodded to each other and raised their guns.

"What're you going to do to him?!" I yelled.

"Nothing," answered Agent Powers, face expressionless.

No, no, no! As soon as I realized what they were going to do, I was too late.

They pulled the trigger.

I closed my eyes, expecting to hear the loud piercing gunshot. But instead, it was the sound of electricity. I gradually opened my eyes, scared of what I could see.

The scene was definitely not pretty.

Dipper was zapped by the agents. Electricity seemed to course through his body angrily. He let out a scream falling to unconsciousness.

The agents then handcuffed his hands and "carried" him to their government car.

"It's a good thing that they weren't real guns," said Pacifica. "they were just tasers. But specially designed ones. Fascinating."

"Just tasers? Seriously, Paz?"

"I'm sorry, but look at the bright side, he's not dead."

I glared at her.

"Sorry," she apologized.

I sighed. "Apology accepted. I just can't believe it. We lost Dipper again." I stressed the last word.

"Yeah... It sucks."

I stared at the ground, trying my best not to let the tears escape.

I lost Dipper again. I couldn't believe it! I had done nothing to help when my brother was in pain and helpless! What kind of sister am I? I couldn't do anything without him. 

I'm sorry, Dipper....

Suddenly, Stan awoke and stood up abruptly, shouting "Hot Belgium waffles!"

He then awkwardly looked at us and asked, "Hey girls, what did I miss?"

I rolled my eyes.