The Paparazzi All Wanna Know...

The next morning, I depart from my boyfriend's house, after I insisted I had too much homework to stay another night. It broke my heart to say it, but he understood. And yelled at Jack/Mr. Barakat (still can't think of him as Jack) for being an ignorant fucker and giving me so much AP stuff.

So as he drives me in towards the dorms, he looks around to make sure nobody is around. Then he looks at me.

"Ella, may I get your phone number?"

I blush and stare at my legs, in Alex's jeans. "Ah... Um.. I don't... Have one."

"Really?"

I nod and bit my lip.

"Hmmm....well I suppose you'll be staying after school in my classroom until you get one. Which may be soon..." He muses, rubbing his chin. "When's your birthday?"

"December... But Alex, phones are expensive..."

"Don't worry about it, babe." He leans over and pecks my forehead. "You should really focus on getting that big pile of homework done. Then maybe we could see each other again this weekend."

I smile. "Hopefully."

Alex smiles too. He gives another look around and says "See you on Monday... If not before."he winks.

I laugh as I exit the car. "Indeed."

I close the car door and he drives away.

As I turn and look at the dorms, I'm smacked with damn reality again. I'm a seventeen year old who just spent the night at her teacher's apartment for two nights.

But all I can say to that now is "Whatever."

I need to get my homework done quick, because Mariana will be begging me for details soon..

"NO. FUCKING. WAY." Mariana squeals and throws a pillow at me. "I hate you. And damn, you're lucky."

"What? Jack seems to be eyeing you more and more," I tease, and laugh as she throws another one of my pillows at me.

"Hey, don't use my own pillows against me!"

"I will! Until I've gotten all my anger out! I was worried when you didn't come back Friday! Like I was thinking 'What is Mr. Gaskarth doing to her?!' You're lucky! Damn you," she laughs, and hits me with a pillow again.

"Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"

"Agh... Becca..." She makes a face.

I sigh. "Hit me with it."

"She was looking for Mr. Gaskarth, when you two took off. She didn't see you, but she saw Mr. Gaskarth's car, and freaked out when it drove away. She got trashed and started grinding on some guy. They left together, and then on Friday she came back with her makeup smeared and bragging about how she got some. Becca kept updating her Twitter, Facebook, whatever about it and I heard her talking to her friends about getting Mr. Gaskarth."

I rub my temples. "Damn. Talk about stalker."

"That's just it. She's not just stalking Mr. Gaskarth anymore."

I frown at her and she bites her lip.

"She's stalking you too. She's after you, Ella."

I feel a thrill of fear in my chest, but snort. "What's she going to do? Try and stab me with one of her high heels? Claw me to death with her French manicured nails?"

"No, Ella, she's going for where it hurts. I say this as a friend: watch your back. And your front. And basically, lie low from the Becca radar. Don't give her any proof of you and Mr. Gaskarth. I don't want you to get hurt."

I hug Mariana. "You're real sweet, but I've been through tons of bullshit. I know how to deal."

"Yeah, but how many times have you been in a relationship with your teacher?"

_________________________________________________________________________________

500 reads! Holy crap!

Thanks so much! Keep reading, I'll post more as soon as I can. Keep passing this on too!

What will Becca be willing to do to get to Ella? And how will Mr. Gaskarth come into play?

Thanks again :)

~Emma