Chapter Two

Coal followed Watari through the halls, taking in every inch of the Wammy's interior while walking. She was quite amazed on how the building looked, for she had never been in a place this extraordinary and extravagant. Coal walked up a staircase, supposedly leading to her room. The whole upstairs smelled of candy of all different kinds. All them smells seemed to appeal to her senses all at once.

Watari then led C to a door, which she guessed is her new dorm. Suddenly, Coal and Watari heard yelling from the dorm next to them and C concluded that it must be Mello and Matt's dorm, based on the voices. Though, it was a petty argument, they still made quite a lot of noise. There was also a strong aroma of chocolate coming from the room.

After Watari yelled, "Mello, Matt, keep it down!" the door to C's new dorm opened, and revealed Near. He had came out to examine the noise, but wasn't able to do so because he accidentally hit C in the face with the door. Smack! Coal fell to the ground and put a hand on her face in pain.

Near tried to be sympathetic. "I apologize sincerely," he said, twirling his hair with one hand and holding the other out to C, who was currently rubbing her sore head. Mello was peering out the doorway, smirking and snickering. However, Coal of course ignored Near's held-out hand, and jumped up onto her feet suddenly and started looking all around, processing what had happened.

Door...Near...apology...is what she managed to conclude.

Finally, C nodded at Near's apology and looked at Watari, who was waiting patiently for the two to finish their conversation, if that's what you call what just happened between Near and Coal. "I see you two have had a rather friendly 'introduction', Watari said, "Meet your new dorm mate, C. This is Near." He gestured towards Near. "You probably remember him as "one", though." He was referring to his position as L's successor C had guessed earlier.

C looked down and nodded once again, while walking into the room. Near walked in after her and sat down next to some legos that were partially built into some sort of skyscraper. The room was otherwise symmetrical, with two beds, two nightstands, two walk-in closets, and more items in sets of two.

Coal set her small suitcase down on the bed that was on what seemed to be her side of the room, and watched as Watari closed the door, leaving with only "Treat her well, Near." C took out an unsolved Rubik Cube and put it on her nightstand, gently. It looked like she was afraid of breaking it. Placing one item after another, Near made mental notes if what she had in her suitcase:

·Rubik's cube
· Black Notebook
·A small box

That was all Coal had in her suitcase, and she pushed the small box under the bed, along with her suitcase. Then, she walked over to Near and began circling him, examining him, trying to find a trait for him. Near, of course noticed C's peculiar behaviour, but instead of stopping her, he began looking at her as well.

   Coal and Near went one looking at eachother, Near still twirling his hair silently, and C tilting her head so that it was almost upside down. C then put her head straight, and moved Near's hand away from his hair, and then took her hand and began twirling his hair. Near, at first, was taken aback, but then he did the same to her hair. They both stared into each other's eyes, not looking away even once. Yet, this wasn't the least bit awkward for the both of them. It just seemed natural.

This went on for quite a while until the silence was broken by Mello barging in the door. "NEAR! WHERE'S MY CHOCOLATE, YOU SHEEP!" He grabbed Near by the collar, pulling him away from Coal suddenly.

A part of C started to actually care for Near, but it was more of hate for Mello. She stood up and pushed Mello away from Near, which made him crash into a wall. Near stood up again and looked at her with wide eyes, but no other signs of emotion. Mello got up and instead of bugging Near again, he tried to grab Coal. It was to his surprise when she dodged his hand and grabbed his legs from behind, making him fall on his face.

By now, there was a crowd by the door and Mello had pretty much been beaten. Matt pushed his way through the crowd and pulled Mello off the ground. "Mello!" There was great concern his voice, but Coal wasn't sure if Matt was concerned for Mello or Near.

Mello looked at Matt, ignoring C for a minute. "What, Matt?!" Matt really had no clue what to say, so he laughed, then glancing  at Near, who was pointing at Mello's hand that wasn't grabbing his collar earlier. "Your chocolate is in your hand, Mello." Near said in a monotone voice. It was odd to C that Near didn't try to defend himself.

Mello looked at his hand and seemed embarrassed. "Oh," he responded. "I didn't see it..." Mello seemed to be generally talking in C's direction, even though Near was the one who deserved Mello's apology.

Roger then pushed through the crowd. "Mello, Near, Matt, and...C? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!" He yelled at them, seeing the destruction made to the room. The four children just looked at each other for what seemed to be forever. Mello seemed guilty, Matt seemed flustered, Near didn't show any type of emotion, and Coal looked like she had no regrets.

Roger than turned towards the crowd. "Leave. Now." He said and the crowd of children scurried away from the door. After all was quiet again, Mello spoke up. "R-Roger!" He said, clearly nervous. "I th-thought that Near stole my ch-chocolate! I'm sorry..."

Roger looked like he was about to blow up, his face was red and puffy, but instead, he simply sighed. "I'll let you off the hook this time Mello," he said, waving his finger at the 13-year-old. "Just because this is C's first day, and I don't want to look strict. Do you understand?"

Mello nodded and stood up to go to his dorm with Matt, who was already on his gameboy again. Near and C sat next to each other, waiting for Roger to lecture them. It was going to happen, that was for sure. "C, Near. I'm very upset with you two. Especially you Near. What did I say about stooping to Mello's lev-"

Roger's voice was interrupted by a loud "BOOM" that seemed to echo down the elegant halls that Coal had been admiring earlier today. Whatever it was, it sounded dangerous.

The scariest part was that the noise seemed to have come from Mello and Matt's dorm...

DUH....DUH....DUHHHHHHH!!! Cliff-hanger! I really liked making this chapter as well. :) Thank you SO much for the support..(if I have any XD)

-RYRY!