Bullied For Life

“Time to get up Patty. You have school today,” my mom said shaking me to get up for school; I dreaded getting up for school, because I knew that I would get picked on.

I finally crawl out of my small twin sized mattress. I get up to throw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on. On top of my T-shirt I throw my big black sweatshirt to cover up my body because I know I will end up getting picked on.

After I get dressed, I go downstairs to my kitchen to get something to eat, just to realize that I have to wait till I get to school to eat because we don’t have any cereal. After I check to see if we have something to eat, I go and sit down on the couch and watch the morning news.

“Welcome back to the Today Show,” a man said that was on the TV, “Here is Ann Curry with the world news.”

“Thanks Matt,” Ann said. Ann had a shoulder length black hair.

“Patty, time to go,” my mom said while sitting in her mint green chair in the corner.

Once I heard that,  I was off to get my things from my room. My room was on the second story, as I climbed the stair till I hit this landing.

“Mom, do I have to go to school? I don’t feel good,” I lied.

“Yes, you have to, and don’t give me that!” my mom said as she walked into the foyer.

“Okay,” I said rolling my eyes, climbing the five stairs that I hadn’t climbed yet.

As I entered my room, my eyes were blank like a piece of paper before you start writing. My face was pale like sand on the west coast beaches. As I pick up my backpack and head out of my room, I looked at my bed just wanting to lay down and bawl my eyes out because I know I will get stared at as soon as I walk in those clear school doors.

As I go down the stairs and out the door my mom says, “Bye, love you, have a good day.”

“I’ll try -- not promising anything,” I said with some what of an attitude.

Once I said that I was out the door and started walking to school. I got to the corner and saw a road that looked like it never ended, and started walking down this endless road.

Finally when I got this oddly shaped building, I took a deep breath of the wind, then walking the rest of the way to this oddly shaped building I call school.

Once I get to the doors of the school building, I stopped at the clear doors. I take another deep breath then open that clear door and take a step through the doorway. Then opened the other door that I walk through the glass door and then that is when I step through the door to see my friends running up to me and swarming me in for a hug!