Chapter 4 - Girl On Monthly.

______________________________________________________

C h a p t e r  4 - G i r l  O n  M o n t h l y.

A sudden sharp pain hit through my foot, causing me to loose my balance and hit the ground harshly. 

“G-ah!” I growl, feeling the burning sensation rush through and through my skin, feeling it boil my skin, in levels that were unbearable. 

My heart beats skipped and alternated in ways, I heard its very rhythm hit my ears, and shake through my skull like a lullaby. Blinking, I try to clear my vision, but it only made reflections and blackouts. The pain was infuriating, and uncontrollable, It felt as if I were being torn apart into tiny pieces, cut into pieces, sliced into pieces, chewed into pieces. I couldn’t describe the level of intensity, it were as if I were in my own customized cell in hell. 

“A-Ah!” I screamed, holding onto my bitten foot. I panted, but inhaled sharply. 

“Dammit!” I shouted angrily.

“Ex...! Ex! EX!”

I look up, seeing through the flames of perishing vehicles. A slim figure running towards me, a dark shadow shifting through the darkness, but slowly approaching the light. Eve. 

My eyes brighten up in hope, knowing she would help me get the hell out of here. And we would go somewhere safe. Somewhere far, far away from here. Taking a deep breath, I gripped tight upon the cracked sidewalk, and pushed myself up to my knees, but fail and fall flat upon the concrete. “Eve!” I shouted, helplessly.

She ran towards me, her band t-shirt ripped and muffled in dirt and blood. Her face was smeared with blood and sweat, as well as dirt and running makeup on her pale cheeks.  When she looked into my eyes, she found relief. “Ex!”

Before my eyes, a pair of hands gripped onto her shoulders and dragged her back. She let out a piercing scream, of horror and pain. Her eyes looked deep into mine, now filled helpless and in fear. 

“Ex! Help me!” She screamed.

But her voice was left echoing throughout my skull, and throughout my system. 

She was gone.

And I couldn’t do anything. I was dying myself.

“NOOO!” I scream angrily, fiercely crawling towards her. “YOU SON OF A BITCH!” I clench in fury, “DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!” I force myself up to my feet, and start limping towards the darkness in which dragged her. Reaching out my hand to the dark, I feel myself slip into a scorching pit that endless bodies clung to it.

 My eyes widened in horror, “NO!” I yell at the top of my lungs. 

But I was already falling.

“NO!” I jerk my body, but I felt unable to move. It felt as if I were chained to a stone bed. “NO!” I repeated over and over, hoping someone could hear me. But no one heard, no one shouted back. “NO!” I screamed, feeling my lungs about to burst. Endlessly, I kept falling. Feeling the fire skin and eat through me.

Ex... Ex... Ex...!

My eyes snapped open, taking a deep breath. I jolted up panicking, feeling claustrophobia enclosure me in. 

“Ex!” Eve hushed, gripping my arms tight. I looked around me, until I met with her demanding eyes, staring into mine worriedly. My chest rose up and down, while my lungs lacked air, causing me to choke and pant non stop. 

“Calm down, Ex, I’m here.” Eve cooed, caressing my cheeks softly and tenderly, trying to relax my nervous self. 

I look around, noticing we were at the sunshine motel, in which we decided to stay at for the night. The bed felt oddly stiff, and the sheets didn’t feel neat nor clean. This the type to be a junky motel, by the stained walls, and peeling paint. Why did we stay here? Oh right, because a bunch of junkies were chasing us. I still tried to figure out what the hell was going on. I wondered if I were exaggerating, if these were illusions of mine. Zombies? Really Ex? Too much imagination there.