Chapter 7 - Amy

Chapter 7

~Amy~

After reassuring Logan that I was going to be okay after the night terror[1] I had, I hugged him good night and smiled at Jonathan when he smiled and waved at me.

I don't know what happened when they went out of Logan's bedroom, but I did hear their murmurs and loud exclamations that was muffled by the closed door. I didn't bother eavesdropping, though I really wanted to considering the looks they were giving each other when they were at Logan's room with me. 

I don't want to think about the night terror. I haven't had one in weeks, and I haven't really thought of her for a long while except for fleeting moments when Michelle's stilettos hit the floor. So, instead of thinking about it, I let it go. Just like every time I have one. There's no point of making myself stress over the night terror when I know for a fact that she's not going to be near me anytime soon. What I am thinking about is the fact that Jonathan saw me at that state. It's enough that he's curious about my scar--I take responsibility of it--but I don't want him to ask me questions to relive the life I so desperately want to move on from, and I did. Well, I thought I did. 

I want a fresh start, a fresh life now that I'm away from there. Despite me leaving that place, I have my father there and I love him very much. He insists on not leaving that place for a reason I don't know and I don't bother asking. We are very close, even after the incident, we still are very close. Despite his self-deprecating tendencies which is frustrating at times, I love him and I don't blame him for anything that has happened. Which reminds me, I'll have to call him next week to ask for an update. The thought of it made me smile. I miss him and his bear hugs.

"Are you going to be okay?" Jonathan asked, gripping my arm gently as I made my way to the door, stopping my tracks.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Yes, I'm going to be okay." I said with a reassuring smile, ignoring the heat that comes from his big, warm hands.

"You sure?" he asked again.

"Jeez, you're as bad as Logan." I said and playfully slapped his arm to let go of my arm but he didn't. Oh, yeah. Go and give yourself an excuse to touch him, you floozy. I mentally shook my head at the voice.

He smiled bashfully and shrugged. Suddenly, his smile faltered and he cleared his throat, "I'm sorry about earlier," he said, looking me in the eye. I frowned at him and cocked my head to the side, "Uhh... I didn't mean to pry about your--" he looked at my scar again that made me tense a bit and made him look at me with apologetic blue eyes. "I know I crossed the line when I asked you, I was just curious and I did not think of the possibility that I may offend you, I just straight on asked. I didn't even consider that it may have been a touchy subject for you. I'm sorry. If I hadn't pushed the question, maybe you wouldn't have..." he trailed off, looking at the ground. I was shocked. Did he blame himself for causing my night terror? Yes, when he asked my about my scar, it sent me back to that night for a brief moment, but I don't blame him for it. I could not blame him or anyone about my night terrors. My night terrors are my own and I believe that I did it to myself because I let myself think of it more than I know I should've. Before I could speak and tell him not to blame himself, he spoke again, "I'm really sorry and I promise from now on, I would ask non-too personal questions. But you have to help me with this, 'kay?" he asked, smiling expectantly and squeezed my arm.

I nodded and returned his smile.

He slid his hand down from my arm to my hand, leaving hot trails on the path he touched. "Friends?" he asked with that charming smile showing his pointy canines.