Chapter Three: An Invitation from Nicola

Hi Readers!

A few comments of feedback and a couple of votes would be fantastic! I will update again whenever possible, but I promise it wont be like in a months time. This takes a lot of researching and thinking about! I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible! Thank you, happy reading x!

It had been just over a week since the accident, for the first couple of days after I found out Liam was in a coma I refused to co-operate with the hospital until they let me see Liam, but after I figured out that wasn’t going to do anything for me I decided to sleep a lot.

My mother has visited me every day this week, even if it’s a short time I really appreciate it, hospitals become very lonely over time. My father and siblings came twice this week, they were too busy with sports and jobs… I’ve never noticed how demanding my families schedule is until now.

Liam’s family has been down in ICU waiting to see him, yesterday they spent 30 minutes with him! Karen and Geoff visited me once, I can understand why they don’t want to see me… Ruth and Nicola have seen me quite a bit though, they are stuck outside most of the time so they come and visit me and tell me how Liam is doing. Whenever I see someone of the Payne household I am so apologetic.

My mother said today they would release me, is it bad that I don’t want to be released?

“Hey Camille” Nicola said at the door.

I always replied with “Hey Nic, how is everyone?”

“You know how it is” She always told me.

This is how our conversations would always start, but today she asked me something that she had never.

“Do you want to see him?” Before I could respond she said it was okay, Ruth and her parents had to go to a meeting on the behalf of Liam.

She helped me up, it was the first time I had gotten up and was going somewhere in the hospital besides the toilet in a week! The walk down the hall way was long and I could hear every breath I took in sync with each step I took. I had built up a bunch of feelings towards this situation and I’m not sure which is going to show through when I get to the room.

I peered through the room before going inside, there was a dim light just lighting up around Liam, it looked as though a beautiful aura around him, like he was still there and was trying to hang in there. Nicola broke me from my trans by inviting me in.

His eyes were a dark purple the same as his lips, he looked completely bruised and beaten. Cords and tubes where tangled around and in his body assisting him… Helping him stay alive.

“Liam” I said

“Liam” My voice started to tremble a little when I got no response

“Liam!” I screamed over and over again until I fell to the ground

But not a flinch from him, it was almost as if he was in a deep slumber. My vision was blurred from crying, this had happen to me a lot recently. Nicola told me that a person cannot sense, respond or communicate at all in a coma.

A doctor that was passing by came into the room and asked if everything was okay, Nicola and I immediately answered at the same time.

“No” I answered

“Yes” She told him

“When will he wake up?” I asked the doctor

He looked at Nicola and then back to me.

“Comas are unpredictable, there is no patterns or set time, all we can do is wait” He informed me, then left.