Chapter Two: Sad Greetings

Hi everyone! Sorry it was late, had a few family issues to deal with.

Next update will be next Wednesday.

Take care lovely readers! xxx

Dedication: Isobel_1994 for being the first person to ever commenting on this story! Thanks for reading!

ps. flashback is bolded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late in the afternoon when I woke to see my family crowded in the room with the doctor waiting for me to wake. Mum, Dad, Sophia, Mackenzie and even little Jasper was in the room.

“Camille” I heard Jasper say, he stroked my cheek softly.

“Hey little man” I croaked out, smiling at him.

My Mum turned around at the sound of my voice although I’m not sure how she heard me but as they say, Mother’s know everything. Daria and Sophia gave me a hug and told me they were praying for Liam which made me feel sick once again but I had a plan. Dad gave me a hug and told me that he loved me but he had to go to work but promised to come back later tonight, I knew he loved me and all of our family, his job was just overly demanding.

“I’m going to walk your father out and get some food with Jasper and Sophie, Mackenzie stay here with your sister please?” My mother said, she looked like she hadn’t slept in days.

“Of course”

We sat in silence for a while, Mackenzie was 3 years younger than I was, so I was closer to her than I was to Sophia. I thought this was the time to find out what happened to Liam, she would be the only person that knew the truth and tell me… But did I want to know?

“Kenzie” I said, my voice starting to become audible. “What happened to Liam?”

I could see her slightly tense up, and it only made me regret asking.

“No one’s told you?” She asked uncomfortably.

“No”

“He went into a coma Camille” She said blankly.

I only thought he was a little more banged up than I was…

“It’s your favourite song Liam!” I squealed as I was searching the radio.

Liam was driving us out to Verdant, his favourite night club. It was a little out of town but he always thought it was worth the drive. He started singing along to the song, and I waited for the chorus which it was then my turn. We were driving on a straight that had no lights, only us. It was a familiar road for Liam, he drove down here every morning to go to work, it was a ‘short-cut’ for him, I always have thought he just liked the scenery.

He looked towards me and pointed at me to signal it was my turn, and I started singing to him, then bright lights lit up the car.

Just before I could break down I heard Jasper running down the hall yelling out to Sophia and Mum, the silence in hospitals isn’t something I could get used to. I started to move out of my bed, I was determined both physically and mentally to find Liam.

“Camille, what are you doing?” Mackenzie slightly yelled at me, but I completely ignored her.

I ripped of all of the cords that connected to the machine next to my bed by this point Mum, Sophia and Jasper had walked in. It wasn’t until Mum mentioned it that I realised I was crying. My body felt completely numb.

“Camille! Tell me what’s wrong so I can help you!” My Mum said holding my shoulders.

“I need to see Liam”

“Just sit down on your bed and talk to me please” She said as I moved slowly back to my bed. “Mackenzie, take your sister and brother to the playground downstairs.”

I felt my vision blurring as I cried harder, all I wanted to do was sing happy birthday to Liam and give him his present.

“Camille, you just can’t see him at the moment” She said sternly.

“Why Mum? Why”

“Because he is in ICU at the moment”

“Why?”

“He is in an induced coma because of all his injurys, Camille, the doctors need time to sort things out before letting anyone see him, so you might just get to see him tomorrow” She half heartedly smiled.