Ch. 8

I was now eight months pregnant. Roman was back on the road, and I missed him like shit.
For the past two days, I've been having cramps. Now they felt worse. I was watching tv when I felt something come up my throat. It was blood.
I called Nicki, and she was here within ten minutes. I felt my stomach cramp worse than ever, and I screamed in pain.
"Hang in there, Ari," she said in a panic. She drove me to the hospital, and I held on to her as we entered the place.
"I need help. I think she's having a miscarriage," Nicki said nervously.
The nurse quickly took me into a room where the doctor rushed in.
He checked my area, and he was talking to the nurse.
"Doc, was is it? A miscarriage," I asked nervously.
"No, Mrs. Anoa'i. Your just having a severe case of morning sickness. But your pregnant with twins, and as for your cramps, that's just the babies kicking," he said.
"What? I'm gonna have twins," I nearly shouted.
"Yes, ma'am. You'll be just fine. You can go home," he said. Great, what a surprise. Also, I was late for my baby shower. Everyone was supposed to be there. I called Roman.
"Hey, Roman."
"Hey, babe. How's the baby shower?"
"It's fine, honey. I'm having fun. I wish you were here, though."
"I know, Ari, but I'll be home soon. I love you."
"Love you, too, Joe. Bye."
"Bye."
I hung up, and we arrived at the house of Patricia. They asked me where I was, and I just told them that I had an accident with my bladder. Boy was this gonna be a surprise.
"So everyone, I've known this for about a month, and I've been saving it for this day. I'm pregnant with twins," I said with excitement. Everyone started cheering, but I wished Roman was here.
"Okay, Ari, put this blindfold on, and come with us outside," said Nicki as Taylor tied the blindfold around my head. They led me outside, and I was anxious to what it was.
They took off the blindfold, and they handed me a Chihuahua. She was black and white, and she was the cutest thing. They told me turn around, and I saw my husband.
"Roman," I yelled as I ran to him. I jumped in his arms, and I kissed him. He kissed back.
"You did this again," I asked him laughing. He just shrugged, and bent down to my stomach.
"Hey, little man," he said but I sighed. He looked at me with concern.
"Roman, it's not just a little man. There's a little girl," I said. He looked at me with a confused look.
"We're having twins," I said before I felt a sharp pain. It was just a cramp.

Two weeks later...

I was at home resting with my best friend, Kesha. She was staying with me til Roman got back. He was currently in Maryland, and I miss him like shit. Now I've been having pains in my stomach, and all of a sudden, my water broke. What a time for it to happen. Also it was two weeks early. I told Kesha, and she drove me to the hospital.
I went into surgery, and I went to sleep.
Kesha's POV:
She told me to call her husband and I did. It dialed.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Roman, it Kesha. I'm at the hospital with your wife, Ariana."
"What happened? Is she okay?"
"She went into labor a while ago, but I know she's cared as fuck. She wants you by-"
"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this, but the little boy didn't make it. The little girl is nice and healthy, though," said the doctor. I thanked him, and started crying.
"Roman, did you hear that?"
"No, why? Was there a miscarriage?"
"Sort of. The little girl is strong and healthy, but the little Joe didn't make it. I'm so sorry, Roman."
The line went silent. I just hoped he was okay. Then all of a sudden, I saw Roman come out of the elevator. He ran to where I was, and I could tell he was on the brink of tears.
"Where is she, Kesha," he asked worriedly.
"She's in there," I said pointing to the door," But you can't go in there. The doctors are doing surgery in there, and they probably won't be done for another hour or so," I said.
Roman's POV:
I didn't want to wait til they were done, I wanted to be in there with my wife. Sadly, though, I knew Kesha was right. I couldn't distract them from what they were doing.
"I'm scared for her, Kesha," I said as I lost my emotions. I started sobbing, and she hugged me.
About an hour later, I heard some crying. Was that my daughter?
They came out with Ariana, and she smiled sadly at me.
"You came," she said as me and Kesha walked with her to her room.
"Yeah, baby. Kesha called me, and I came," I told her, trying to be strong for her.
"Did you hear the news about our son not making it," she asked sadly.
"Yeah, Kesha told me. I'm so sorry, Ari," I said as I layed down by here.
"Guys, I gotta go. Ari, you have my number if you need anything. Congrats on your daughter, and I'm sorry about your son. I'll see y'all soon," she said before we said bye and she left.

3 days later...

Ari's POV:
We finally got to go home and it felt good to be home. It has felt like forever since we've been home. I was glad Roman was here, and I'm glad he's got the year off.