Chapter 9 ~ Quake

A/N

Hi guys!

Sorry for updating quite a bit later, but it’s just that I was in the hospital for a while with food poisoning and I only just recently got out. I’m still not feeling %100 so I’m sorry if my writing is not up to its usual standards. But it’s better than nothing right?

Anyway...

ENJOY!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold’s POV

We stumbled down the newly created pathway; the sound of the burning building behind us fading in the distance. Red was cradling his left arm, trying to avoid causing more damage.

The further we moved away from the burning house, the easier it was to breathe. Regardless, my lungs still burned from inhaling so much smoke.

My head was spinning and I was pretty sure I was going to pass out any minute. I couldn’t imagine what Red was going through.

The ground beneath our feet was rickety and crumbly. Chunks of stone and dirt would fall off every so often into the darkness below us. I wouldn’t have been surprised if the pathway collapsed like last time. The path seemed to sway side to side but I couldn’t tell if I was hallucinating or it was actually happening. This place was pretty unpredictable from what I had seen so far.

“Up... ahead.” Red choked out next to me.

I looked straight ahead and tried to focus my vision as much as I possibly could.

From what my eyes were showing me, I could see an old run-down farm shed. It was a medium size and had a giant opening on one side while the other side was the back wall of the shed. It had a corrugated iron roof which appeared to have holes in it and hay bales lined the back wall and covered the floor.

“We don’t have much... of... a... choice. It will have to... do.” I gasped between ragged breaths.

We limped towards our only refuge at a very slow pace. But you couldn’t blame us after what we had just been through.

We made it to the farm shed looking thing and it instantly felt a lot more homely than the creepy cottage we had just recently burned down.

Red stood guard at the front of the shed while I did a quick check for danger inside of it.

“It’s safe.”I called out to Red.

Red wandered in a few seconds later. His face looked deathly pale and his body was shivering slightly. He stumbled a bit and I rushed over to him.

“Mother of Arceus!” I cursed as I caught Red’s slowly descending body. He collapsed into my arms and I cursed yet again.

I slowly pulled an unconscious Red over to a hay bale and placed him on it. I lifted up his left arm and saw a scarily large amount of blood pouring out from the wound the glass had caused. His body was alarmingly limp and it made my mind go into overdrive. My shaky hands reached into my bag for my first aid kit and placed it onto the hay bale next to me.

I opened up a packet of antiseptic wipes and cleaned up most of blood on his arm. I then grabbed the sterile tweezers and carefully pulled out the piece of glass. I took another antiseptic wipe and cleaned up the freshly spilled blood and then grabbed the roll of sterile dressing. I used the scissors to cut up a strip of the fabric and then started to wrap it tightly around the wound on Red’s arm. I fastened it with a safety pin and sat back to admire my work. It’s a good thing that I knew first aid.