Chapter 6 ~ Twisted

A/N

Hola mi amigos ('hello my friends' in Spanish!)

¿Cómo estás? (how are you?)

And before you ask, no, I don't speak Spanish nor am I from a Spanish speaking country xD

Alrighty, brace yourself for a major plot twist and a ridiculous amount of POV changes!

ENJOY!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Recap!

I heard footsteps coming back down the tunnel and Red appeared right after. His usual outfit had been discarded and was replaced by his nightwear. I on the other hand couldn't be bothered changing. My ankle had been moved around enough that day.

I ushered him over to his own bed and once he was all snuggled in, I bent down next to him. I felt like he was ignoring me though, as his back was facing me.

"I'm so sorry, Red." I said, suddenly feeling a wave of guilt crash over me.

He shifted his body so that it was now facing me. He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes. This only made me feel guiltier. The sadness in his eyes was replaced with uncertainty.

What he did next caught me completely off guard.

"For what?" His croaky voice said.

End of Recap!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gold's POV

My face went slack, mouth slightly open. My body wouldn't move and the colour drained from my face as I stared wide-eyed at Red. I froze up to a point where I was barely breathing. I closed my mouth and opened it again. My throat felt dry, like I hadn't drunk any water in weeks.

"Wh-what?" My voice came out in a raspy, barely audible whisper.

Red's own eyes increased in size and he quickly clamped his mouth shut. He flipped his body back over so his back was facing me once again.

"Wait! Red, don't!" I cried and placed a hand on his shoulder. Red shrugged it off.

His harshness startled me and I felt a sharp pain course through my body. The cave was yet again subjected to silence and I brought my hand back to my side. I felt tears prick my eyes but I compelled them not to fall. My hands balled up into fists. How could he be so cold?

I forced myself off the ground and over to my blanket pile. I flopped down onto it with a huff and angrily threw some of the blankets over my head. I clenched my teeth and finally let the hot tears spill down my face.

Why did he do that?! He finally talked and then he shut himself away from me again!

I didn't know why, but his harsh coldness seemed to have more of an effect on me than it should have. Why was I feeling this way? When he turned away from me, something inside of me broke.

Quiet sobs racked my small, fragile body as I drifted off into a restless slumber.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Red's POV (OMFG AGAIN! :D)

Why did I do that?! Why did I shrug him off?! But most of all... Why did I speak to him?

Gold's voice was full of so much pain and desperation when I turned away. He sounded so hurt. Or did I imagine that?

I could now hear him sobbing quietly from across the cave. With every cry that left his mouth, my heart broke a little bit more.