Chapter 4: A Familiar Face

Chapter 4!!!!! Thanks 2 all my fans who have supported me this far!!!!

P.S. I don't and have never owned peter pan or any other of the famous characters

___________________________________________________________________

 Peter stood on a dirt road that was on a hill overlooking the small English port town. Though he was confused as to where he was, he started walking. Though the town was small the town was very colorful. It was so colorful it captivated the boy. It looked, as he would say, like it was made by a wizard. The clothing style wasn't much different, (for the women that is, the men wore simple colors on simple clothing but altogether it was all elegant). The women's dresses, puffy as they were, were some of the most beautiful dresses one could have ever seen. He found himself wandering the streets till he came through a small alleyway.

There he saw two roughens holding a small girl by her hands, in truth they weren't that bigger than her but, there backup would have to be at least six feet tall and well built too. Except for they're malnourished frames, which caused they're expressions to be even meaner. "Hey, you owe us, now pay up or face the consequences." One of the boys holding the girl's wrist yelled in her face. Clearly he was in charge, from Peter's point of view that is. Peter put his hand to his dagger but then removed his hand. The girl's face looked dirty and yet familiar, her brown hair fell to the center of her back and there was some dried blood on her face. Clearly she had been beaten by one of those roughens. She didn't seem like she wanted to admit it but, she was in pain. There was blood seeping through the side of her light brown dress at the hip.

But, that wasn't the only thing that made Peter's blood boil, he knew this girl. She looked up, holding back tears he could see her piercing blue eyes. Now the roughens were in trouble but, they had no account of the boy standing but three feet away from them. The boy in charge of this street gang rammed the girl up against the brick wall. "I have no money to give you!" She yelled back. Struggling to get free with a scowl that could stop anyone where they're standing, and so cold you felt like the top of Mount Everest might be warm. The boy who seemed to be in charge was about  three foot  four whereas the girl he was so brutally treating was about three foot two. Peter couldn't stand seeing Petal being treated in this manner, he straighted his shoulders and called to the so called 'leader' "Do you think it's right to treat a girl that way?!" He yelled, no fear in his voice whatsoever.

"Oi, who're you to tell me what's right and wrong, I can do as I please!" The 'leader' yelled back. His cockney accent was thick and rough and course like sheets. "Let her go now or I will have to use force!!" Peter said his hand now clasped on his dagger. "Who are you to order me around, as far as I'm concerned your just another street urchin like us. Anyway we're all going to grow up this way, there is no stopping that." The 'leader' said. Slowly walking toward Peter with an air that he won. At that moment Peter released his hand from his dagger and bound it into a tight fist. Then before you could blink the so called 'leader' was on the ground his nose looking as if it exploded. Then Peter grabbed his dagger and held it to the 'leader's' throat. "That's where your wrong, I don't grow up." Peter said with a grin. With that the whole band of street roughians ran. But, not without a final word. "Tell your boss we'll be back, and this time we expect the money!" One of the other roughians said and with that they were gone. This time for good.

Peter slowly approached the bleeding girl. "Are you all right?" He asked. Still filled with terror, she stood there for a moment. He tried to put his hand on her shoulder when. WHAM she hit him full on with her fist . Peter quickly grabbed his nose there was slight bleeding but, he fought past her slaps and carried her like a princess or bride. Eventually she gave up and was concious enough to still give Peter directions. She did not lead him to the hospital. In fact they went to a small inventor's workshop. For she had obviously been to this workshop before. The Workshop was named Biggins and McCaffry, For the gentlemen who work there. Once she was inside she blacked out. The workshop was filled with all sorts of nuts, bolts, and sheets and sheets of designs. All this captivated Peter. He heard alot of strange nosises. Some buzzing, some whistling, and some clicking noises. "Who is there?" The voice, was of a male, who had a strange accent to Peter. It also sounded fairly refined. Until CRASH Peter stood there wide eyed. Now he felt as if he was in a madhouse.

Then a thin man with curly ginger hair and big thick glasses came out from a rubble of designs and patents. Startling Peter and making him practically jump out of his skin. He was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with dark brown pants, he was also wearing a light brown vest and red bow tie. His Alasdair accent made him sound British and at the same time Scottish. "I-is your name Mr. McCaffry?" Peter said hesitant to make a fool of himself. "No, my name is Mr.Biggins. Mr. McCaffry is my business partner." said the man with a smile. "What have you right there?" He said pointing to the passed out Petal. "Uhh she brought me here sir." said Peter his arms tired from carring her. "Now let me see." said Mr. Biggins as he got a pair of reading glasses. He put them on, blinked twice, then took them off and massaged his temples. "Where did you find her?" Mr. Biggins asked as a forlorn look wiped the smile from his face.

"I found her, in the streets. Attacked by roughens." Peter said finding this moment sad and at the same time irritating. "What did they ask of her?" Mr. Biggins asked as he was holding back tears. "They said she owed them." Peter said. "This is all my fault, if only I didn't buy that infernal contraption." Mr. Biggins said, not being able to hold back the tears any more. "Excuse me sir but, what contraption did you buy?" said Peter hesitantly. "I bought....well, how about I show you. Once Petal is well, that is." Said Mr. Biggins. "Let's put her down...here." Mr. Biggins said as he tossed papers to the floor revealing a wooden table.

Petal looked almost like an angel just resting there. Mr. Biggins though that she was dead automatically. From seeing the wounds she had sustained. He started to grieve, which perplexed Peter for he had never seen mourning before. Although he had seen many a battle. "What are you crying for? She is alive." said Peter. The tears slightly dried from the man's face. Peter saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes just then. Mr. Biggins went and got a wooden bowl with warm water in it and a rag and retured to where Petal was lying. He started wiping her forehead with the rag. She started to flutter her eyelids and her breathing regulated at this time. The relief spread over Mr. Biggins's face as Peter could clearly see. Relief ended up being contagious for it spread onto Peter's face too.

Once Petal was able to sit up the door chimed and a big man with thick black hair came in, his hair was slicked back and he looked like a business man, and at the same time a large bird. He wore a simple suite and his hair was covered with some sort of slime. There were tiny streaks of grey amongst his his black hair. As soon as he saw Petal he stared. "Dad. Dad, it's fine, I'm fine." Petal managed to say. "No it is not fine and are you absolutly certain you are ok?" said the man. "Yes, father." she replied. "Who is this boy? He probably came from off the streets." He said with a scowl colder than ice it-self. "Now get out of my store! Before I call the police!" said the bird man. He must be Mr. McCaffry, thought Peter. "Uhh...you mean our store! we work together. you know!" said Mr. Biggins. "If you want me to leave, fine I'm gone!" said Peter

"Father! This boy saved my life! We at least owe him hospitality!" Petal blurted out. Peter stopped where he was and looked back at Petal he saw fear and kindness. He knew he could not stay here any longer. "Your life? Is this true!?" Mr. McCaffry asked Mr. Biggins. "Yes, as far as my knowledge is concered." Mr. Biggins replied. "Mom would have let him stay." Petal said before walking off. "Well your mother isn't here right now, is she? Only I am here now." said Mr. McCaffry. "I'm here too, just so you know." Mr. Biggins added. "As much fun as this is, I should be going now." Peter said with a sigh. "Really!? now? but where are you staying!?" Petal asked. "Don't know yet." Peter said with a shrug. "H-how about you stay with us, young man?" Mr. Biggins replied. "Oh please Peter! It's the least we can do!" Petal cried. "Certainly not!" Mr. McCaffry called. "Oh please Father!" Petal cried. "Fine. But, he does not go near Petal's room. You hear me?" Mr. McCaffry uttered "Do you hear me?" he repeated "Yes sir!" Both Peter and Mr. Biggins said in unison.