Chapter 9

Shoutout to: MackenzieJedrey, jax789, ChangeYourLifee and soooo many others for you super amazingly awesome comments/messages!

Everytime I read messages like yours I get all happy and excited, you have no idea how amazing each and every one of you guys are (weird and sappy, I apologize, but it's true)

~~~~~

"Someone please tell me what the hell is going on." Nick asked, glancing from Harry to me, and then back to Harry.

Harry wiped his eyes with his sleeve, and then looked up, straight into my eyes.

"I'm-I-I'm H-Harry, y-your.....y-your father." he choked in his words, tears streaming down his face.

And then did I really grasp what was going on.

Brooke's POV:

Hoooolllld up a second.

"Y-You can't be our dad, we already have one." Nick retorted, staring down at the man who-though Nick didn't realize it-looked like a replica of my brother.

"Oh. My. Gosh." I gasped, staring right into his green eyes. And his being Harry. No, I can't be so gullible. This is probably all just a huge prank. A huge elaborate prank.

"He's too young anyway, like look at him! He would have been like, what, eighteen back then? Twenty? That's too young." Nick observed.

Harry's face crumbled even more, if that were possible.

Niall looked extremely extremely uneasy.

"I'm y-your father" Harry stuttered again, mostly whispering it to himself. "shit." He grabbed the ends of his hair and tugged down and turned around to face the wall. If he really is my father, then shouldn't he be happy?

"If you really are our father, then why have we never known who you are? Matt and Jim never mentioned any Harrys."

Niall shot Nick a 'stop talking stop talking' look and quickly shook his head. Harry let out another quiet sob, or something, I'm not really sure. Right now, my head is swimming in all this information. So if he's our father, then who is Matt? Why did we live with Matt? Does he hate us?

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." Harry chanted, standing near the door. I swear I thought he was going to leave. But he didn't.

I felt kind of bad for him, I mean, he has been crying for like fifteen minutes now.

"Y-You look just like her" he stammered, staring straight at me. I was shocked to even hear him speak to someone other than himself.

"My mom?" His lips twitched upwards. I wouldn't call it a smile, because, well, because it wasn't. Yeah, I'm so great at describing things, aren't I?

"Yes, she looked almost exactly like you when she was your age."

"What happened to her?" I blurted out. My eyes widened when I realized what I had just said. What if this was a sore subject for him too?

Nervously, Harry bit his lip and, once again, gazed at the floor. Dang it. I guess it is too for him.

I thought he was making improvement from the mumbling-crazy guy.

"Sky--er-your mom-" Here's the bad news part. I really shouldn't have asked this question. "She, um is-"

Harry turned to face Niall for help. Niall just nodded.

She is...what?

Dead?

Alive?

"She's in the hospital right now-" I just stopped practically breathing right now.