Forty Six

"What did you do to celebrate last year?"  I wasn't even sure I was interested but it seemed like a good question.

He thought for a few minutes, then chuckled.  "A group of us went to dinner and out to a bar.  Almost got into a fight actually, speaking of drinking and getting into trouble.  Jeremiah had to pretend to be tough.  It was hysterical once we were home and safe but at the time, not so much.  We had a sleepover and watched movies and ate crap food and then passed out anywhere we could find space."

"That sounds like something you'd enjoy." I would have become the Hulk or fled but we were very different people. Well I was different.

"I did.  It was really nice.  Not as nice as this though."

He seemed to mean it and I shouldn't have opened my mouth but the wine had made me very loose lipped.  "Even without a kiss?" I questioned.

"I didn't get any last year either, except a few on my cheek, and I'm not saying I wouldn't love some but yes Sir, this is amazing just as it is."

"Is it really that important to you then?  To your long term happiness?"  He'd mentioned it several times after all and as far as I knew it was the only major thing I hadn't been able to do for him. But if he was fine...

"I don't know.  Maybe not Sir.  I'm pretty damn happy now so..." he cocked his head to the side.  "Maybe it's been so long that I've forgotten how great it is.  I don't know."

"You might not enjoy kissing me, have you ever considered that?"

"Um, no.  No I haven't.  We should kiss and find out.  That way if I don't like it we can drop the entire subject and I won't miss it."

That seemed to make sense.  "Very well."  I could do gross once, for him.  His eyes got wide as saucers and he just stared at me.  "Well?  You'll have to do it, we've discussed the fact that I don't know how."

His expression was comical but could have meant 16 different things. "You want me to?  I mean... I should just....?  Um, I can kiss you?  Sir?  I...."

"Why are you hyperventilating?"  This was supposed to be a good thing.  "If it's stressing you out I'm happy to abstain."

"But I have to touch you.  I mean to kiss you I would have to touch at least your face and maybe your shoulder to hold myself up and I don't know... I might accidentally--"

"You may."  I had taken that into account, obviously.  Or maybe I hadn't but I would be too freaked out by the kiss to even notice. For a second I thought he'd changed his mind but he rocked forward and those gorgeous plump lips were touching mine.  He fit so well against me, just like always, and then I could taste him, just an intoxicating hint of Christopher and I found myself opening up for more.  He sucked my bottom lip into his mouth and my hands ended up all over him, pulling him closer instead of pushing him away.

My heart was still pounding when he pulled away reluctantly.  "Thank you Sir."

I licked my lips even though they were moist in an attempt to stop myself from taking him right now, gravel or not.  "You're welcome Pet.  Was that okay?"

"That was perfect.  It was..." and he looked almost sad?

"What's wrong?" 

"I'm going to want more and you won't and that's okay because limits are--"

I interrupted him by pulling him against me and onto my lap and kissed him again, shutting up that delectable mouth. This time it was more familiar and also not, my brain quieting and my blood raging loud in my ears and taking center stage. I wanted all of him instantly and this wasn't the time or place but I couldn't stop.  I'd made him pant a hundred times before but actually feeling it made my head spin. I froze and he pulled away, climbing off my lap. I needed space -- acres and years of it.  I stood and started up the path.

He didn't whine or fuss, just followed.  Ten minutes later he spoke.  "Sir? Do you um, have any idea where we are?"

Thank God for an easy question. "No but if we turn right that will put us back on the original path and I think that was heading in the right direction."  I didn't want to talk but boundaries needed to be set. "No more of that unless I do it, understand?  I don't know yet about... about me and you or anything right now. No more."

"Yes Sir, I won't.  Um, Sir?  Should I panic?"

"No.  Why would you?" I wasn't nearly drunk enough for any of this any more. Now I was just tired and stressed and had a headache coming on.

"Wolves."

"Is that a joke?"

"No.  Or coyotes?  There must be some sort of evil feral dogs wandering through the vineyards, right?  Bears?"

"Yes, maybe bears" I admitted.

"Oh Jesus, can we go back?  Please Sir?"

"Back where?" Did he want to go to the barn? "Don't think I can fight off a bear?"  That was a question I was interested in.  Would he lie? 

"I guess that depends on if you have a gun or something in your pocket.  Are you packing Sir?"

"No Pet, I am not armed."

"Other than the two mighty weapons hanging from your broad shoulders" he teased.

"Ah, arms.  Funny Chris."  I took his hand to reassure him and led him towards the cottage, thankful that I had a good sense of direction. 

"Bears like honey, right?  And grapevines make flowers and bees like flowers so there are probably hives around.  So there could be bears."  He was practically whispering at the end.

"You're more likely to die in a car crash yet you don't worry every time you drive.  You could convince yourself of anything at this point but with all the lights, I doubt there are bears.  The cottage isn't far now."