The Infection 2

It's the 10th anniversary since Emily's death. A lot has happened since then. We found a medicene that made everybody immune. We eventually killed all the zombies. I sat with Alex, and our two children in front of the Christmas tree. The kids could tell we were sad. They could see the pain in our eyes. We watched our best friend die. Sometimes I hate myself for giving to much attention to Alex when Emily needed it most. A tear fell down my cheek and my son Mason wiped it away and kissed my cheek. I grabbed his arm and smiled at him. We had a girl and boy. They were twins. Little Marilyn and Mason. They were both 4. Marilyn pulled a square present from under the tree.

"W-we got dis fo you momma and daddi"

We smiled at the way she talked. Mason was a bit more there then she was. I slowly pulled it from her hands. Alex and I unwrapped it. We both gasped and cried when we saw it. It was a picture, from 10 years ago. We took it the day Emily died. I smiled thru my tears. I was on the right, the Em, then Alex. I laughed thinking about the memories. Jessica took the picture before we went in the main hall to eat. I held the picture on my heart and hugged it. I put my head on Alex's neck. We heard a knock on the door. I went up to the front door and opened it. In front of that door way, was Emily.