I Do Not Get Up Early

"So the lake?" Paisley exclaimed as she looked between our group of friends. Matt, Lucas, Gemma, Hunter, and Dierks all looked around at each other.

"It sounds good?" Hunter said and everyone just mumbles in agreement.

"Perfect!" Paisley went on, "I'll get the keys to the lake house from my parents and we'll leave in the morning! Make sure it's cleared with your parents by tonight, I don't want to be the only one getting up early tomorrow."

"Early?" I asked.

Matt chuckled, tilting his head to look at me. "Try it, it's not so bad." He gave me a little smile, and then Lucas interrupted.

"Maggie I'll come over to wake you up."

"I could too," Matt said.

"I'll just wake her up." Hunter said sternly. "I'll already be here." He finished as he eyed the boys who nodded in agreement, muttering out that it makes sense.

"Oh, great! Then we'll all just meet here in the morning if everyone's so eager to get to Magnolia!" Paisley said, glaring at her brother.

We all dispersed by about ten, everyone saying they had to go home and back for the weekend.

My brothers and I told my parents about the lake trip, and I think they mostly let us go because I would be there. I know they don't really trust my brothers by themselves.

Late that night I went into my room, pulling out a Victoria Secret duffle bag from my closet and played some music so I could get in a packing mood.

I threw in the essentials: bras, underwear. I put in a few swimsuits: my cute pink two piece, my cute blue and white triangle two piece, my striped one piece. I also put in mostly high waisted shorts, two pairs of jeans, and assorted tank tops and t-shirts. I made sure to put in athletic shorts and some of my brothers shirts I stole to wear to bed. I put my Uggs in the bag, and I hesitated before putting in some sweatpants. I was prepared for the whole weekend.

I took a shower late, braided my hair back, threw on a t-shirt, and climbed in to bed.

It wasn't that hard to fall asleep. But it was hard to wake up.

"Maggie G," Dierks said as he swung open my door, jumping down on the end of my bed. "Let's go, let's go, let's go."

Hunter runs in, jumping down next to me. "Time to get up, we're heading down to the lake house."

I rub my eyes, laying on my back and let out a groan. "I don't wanna go. I'm too tired."

"Shut up, Mags," Hunter said, tugging on my braid. "Get up, everyone's downstairs."

I rolled my eyes and threw my blankets off, forcing them to cover Dierks. I pulled on a pair of candy cane pajama pants, my brothers old sophomore varsity football sweatshirt, and I grabbed my Uggs from my duffle bag and put them on. I followed my brothers downstairs with my bag in my hand, a sleepy look on my face as I pull my hair out of the braid.

"Morning Magnolia!" Paisley and Gemma both exclaimed.

I groaned, handing my bag to Lucas who was putting them in the cars.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" Lucas asked with a grin.

"Shut up," I mumbled, elbowing him as I joined everyone else in the kitchen.

I grabbed one of those Starbucks drinks from the fridge, popping the top and swallowing down large gulps of it.

"So who's driving?" I ask.

"Hunter and I are taking his truck, I think Paisley's taking her car." Dierks said.

"Paisley's car? Why Paisley's car?" I ask irritated.