Alone For The Weekend

I woke up Saturday morning with a headache. It's not because I drank, I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I was just stressed, and I didn't want to go downstairs to something completely changed. So I waited till my dad came upstairs to wake me up. He walked in with Dierks.

"Maggie," my dad whispered. He tried to be quiet and possibly let me sleep in if I didn't respond, which I assumed.

"Magnolia, get up," my brother shouted. He jumped on my bed, kneeing me in the thigh during the process. He grabbed the remote from my nightstand and turned on the tv.

"Dierks, don't be an asshole." My dad stated before walking out of my room.

Hunter walked past my room before taking a double take and running in. He ran in with a grin, shoving me hard before laying down at the end of my bed. I was lucky I upgraded to a queen size bed, my twin size would have never survived the weight of two football players.

"What are we watching?" Hunter asked, laying on his side. "Mags, pillow."

"No," I said, rubbing my eyes and sitting up a bit. "Go get your own."

"Mags," Hunter repeated. "Pillow."

I groaned, laying back and shaking my head. "Get up and get your own."

Dierks flipped through the channels, and in between doing so he pulled a pillow out from under me and tossed it to our brother. I hit his chest hard and he only laughed.

My parents walked in, a huge grin on my mothers face. "How cute is this," she said. "I miss the days where this would always happen, it was usually in my room but hey, at least Maggie's bed is the one messed up and not mine."

"Mom," I said, giving her a look. "Get them out."

"Well, before you do," my dad said. "We got to talk."

Dierks muted the tv, kicked his brother in the arm, and then turned to our parents. "What is it?" He asked.

"Your mother and I were thinking of going out to the city today, staying the night."

"When are we leaving?" Hunter asked, laying on his back now.

"Your mother and I," my father restated. "None of you."

"Are you kidding me? Why do you hate us?" Dierks questioned, and my mom sat on the edge of the bed, smiling.

"Shut up, Dierks," she said, looking at dad. "We thought you all were mature - well are mature -enough to stay by yourselves for the night, can you do so?" She asked.

The three of us exchanged looks before saying in unison, "Yes."

Our parents went over how we were not to invite anyone over, unless they were family members who would text and confirm with her. Obviously, inviting no one over means no parties either. She said we couldn't go out, just because she didn't know how late we'd end up staying out. We agreed to the rules, well, I did at least. My brothers broke them the minute they called up Ryan Sanders, who showed up with half the team and ten cases of beer.

I harshly yanked Dierks sleeve, dragging him into the kitchen from the garage. "What do you think your doing?"

"Having some family over," Dierks replied with a grin. I glared at him, then closed the door to the garage as I prepared a lecture. Dierks quickly swung the door open, "Not this time, Maggie," he said as he joined his team out in the garage.