Sweet Seduction

Hey just wanted to start the transition of this Urban Book from my other account to here. It fits better here. Hope you all enjoy reading. Welcome to the world of Carmen (Cari). 

*Unedited

                        Chapter One: A Typical Day in the Life of a Hood Teen

           “Cari!” Miranda called from down the hall.

       I turned with a smile on my face as she called me by my nickname. “What?” I asked as came to a complete stop in the midst of the crowded hall.

          “Wait up,” she called.

I rolled my eyes and adjusted my shoulder bag and the textbooks I held in my arm. I wasn’t one of those girls who wore book bags. I hated them. I thought they detracted from my figure so I bought shoulder bags and used oversized tote bags. People commented on it often but it wasn’t like I gave a fuck. I was fourteen and extremely proud of my figure. I had witnessed firsthand the effect that it had on the opposite sex. I couldn’t step a foot down the hall or street without some dude trying holla at me.

They thought that I was the shit and the fact that no one had managed to be able to stake a claim on me made me even more appealing to the guys in the school. I was used to the attention but to be honest it was kind of annoying. I know most girls would love to be the center of attention but for me it wasn’t like that. I liked to be swagged out but at the same time I wanted dudes to step to me because they liked me as a person. I didn’t like that I was just another challenge that they wanted to boast that they had overcome.

“Girl how the hell did you think you gone be able to leave me?” she asked. “You know my bro picks us up every day,” she said twirling a long strand of her blonde hair over her shoulder. “Oh by the way my bro wanna holla at you.”

I scoffed. “What the fuck? Nigga can’t even be man enough to approach me and he wants to holla at me? Hell to the muthafuckin naw, he can go kick rocks for all I care,” I snapped hotly.

I hated when guys did shit like. What the fuck? If you wanted to step to me then you was gone have to do that shit in person because otherwise in my eyes that made you a scared ass bitch. I couldn’t believe this punk. I scoffed. What the hell? We rode in the same car every day and he couldn’t find the nerve to ask then or when he brought his happy go lucky ass over to my house? I rolled my eyes, ignoring Miranda’s laughter.

“That’s what I told him but he was like, “Lil ma won’t listen to me, she’ll brush that shit off.” I warned him,” she said still chuckling.

“What the fuck do I look like giving that nigga the time of my day and he can’t even find the courage to say a few words to me? Every time I go to say hi to the nigga the first thing that comes out of his mouth, “H-hi Carmen.” Nigga be stuttering like it’s no tomorrow,” I ranted. “I mean his stuttering can be cute at times but after hearing this shit…”

I shook my head as Miranda smacked her leg dying with laughter. “Yo fa’real though, Cari that’s cold. You know my brother feeling the hell out of you. Yo, he only stutter when you’re around with every other chick that boy is as cocky as they come at this school. That shit cracks me the hell up,” she said giggling. “Imagine one of the school’s best players caught in a stutter just with a single glance from you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever,” I said walking with her to the entrance of the school.

It was Friday and we didn’t have school for a whole week it was Spring Break and I didn’t know what the hell I was gone do. I mean my neighborhood was always full of some new drama. It was one of the reasons that Mrs. Johnson demanded that her son drive me home. She didn’t want me walking home around those “crazy fools” as she called the dope boys on my street.