Ch-7 Goodbyes

Dedicating this to Sweetpeas because she inspires me to write. 

Chapter 7

Goodbyes  

  Andrew’s P.O.V

 This is like quicksand. Struggling to get out of it won’t get me anywhere.

Plus, I don’t see why I have to be the one to get into these troubles.

Maybe because you were the one to volunteer.

A voice in my head nagged at me. It’s just too much to handle.

Before I start getting lost in my thoughts again, I decide to take a quick shower and meet Scarlett. Maybe her company would help me clear my head.

But wait... maybe that is not possible.

What will I tell her when she asks me about that little incident?

I still do get ready and grab my phone. That’s when a small Piece of paper catches my eye.

I quickly unfold it and read it.

Meet me at ‘THAT SECRET PLACE’. Don’t keep me waiting.

-Scarlett.

Oh okay so I guess I am not off the hook. I still have to face her. I can’t just delay the Inevitable.

I casually walk to the secret door and slip in after checking if anyone followed me or saw me.

I see her sitting on a bean bag fiddling with her phone.

“What up?” I ask and then mentally cringing at that. What up? Seriously?

“Let’s cut the crap and now you tell me what really is going on.”

Oh shit… what am I going to say? The truth might be too dangerous.

“Uh- erm… scar, let’s just say I can’t tell you.”

“Can’t tell me? Pfft..! you know I can keep a secret! I really wanna know! I am CURIOUS!”

“Ever heard of something called ‘curiosity killed the cat?”

“No I don’t really care. Just tell me!”

I let out a sigh. I guess giving a Hint won’t harm anyone.

“Erm… Tyler and I have gotten into some trouble and now some bad guys are after us.” I say this waiting for some reaction but all I see is poker face.

“So you are telling me that you and Tyler are in some trouble and you are being chased by some bad guys? Seriously? How bad could they be?”

She is not buying what I said. I can’t really give the whole secret away!

“Yes, they are bad, bad enough to slaughter anyone like a pig.” She gasps when I say this. Well, this is the truth. Last month, a girl faced the same punishment because she denied giving pleasures to the boss. I inwardly cringe when I remember that scene.

“Look, there is not much to say over here. All I can say is we have been running away from them for a while and they are bad. I wish I could tell you what it is but that will be very dangerous. I don’t want to drag you in this situation.” I say this with firmness in my voice and exit the room before she can say anything else.

After this awkward conversation, Tyler and I go to Olivia.

“Hey Olivia, Got something today?” Tyler asks smiling like an idiot.