Chapter One

Altaïr Ibn La'ahad has always been an arrogant, confident soul. But he's been a free one as well. He spent many hours completing tasks for Al Mualim, but he also spent a good amount of time on the field, helping Malik comlete errands.

"As-Salāmu 'Alaykum," he greeted Malik.

"Peace be on you as well, Altaïr," Malik responded. "Although you grant none of it for me. I have no errands for you today. Perhaps you will be able to collect a few feathers for me?"

"Of course, Malik," Altaïr said as he left the room and climbed up and out of the Assassin's Bureau.

Immedietely, he caught sight of an eagle soaring high above, cawing defiantly into the sky. As quick as the elegant eagle, he leapt down from the bureau and got started on his search for at least five feathers for Malik.

Altaïr began his search among the rooftops of Jerusalem, keeping his eyes focused on the streets below where Templar guards roamed with their tight helmets and chainlink armor. He scoffed as he ran off pass them. Finally catching sight of a brilliant, white feather, he smiled and hopped down gracefully from his perch on a rooftop garden. As soon as the tips of his fingers grazed the soft edges of the feather, a door opening and footsteps leading up to the garden startled him and he fled to some shadows among the bushes.

The person coming up the steps was a woman. She carried a basin of water between both hands. Carefully, she set the basin down and began to water the plants and flowers.

'Eventually she will reach this plant I am hiding behind,' Altaïr thought to himself.

He looked to the place where he had left the white feather.

Altaïr made a choking sound as he saw the woman reaching for it and plucking it off the edge of the rooftop.

'No! I need to bring that to Malik!' he thought, distressed.

The woman seemed to have heard his choking noise, as she turned her head in his direction and gazed curiously into the shadows.

"Hello?" she called out. "Is anyone there?"

Altaïr remained silent, watching the woman as she spun the feather between her delicate fingers. He would have to get another feather from elsewhere, perhaps steal one from a thief or guard. Sighing, he watched as she walked back down the steps and down into whatever room may be down there.

Just then, Altaïr saw another feather at the edge of his peripheral vision.

"Lucky me," he murmured under his breath. The feather was wedged between the branches of a plant with strange, yet beautiful flowers. "A bird must have rested here earlier."

Suddenly, he heard a sharp intake of air a few feet behind him. The woman had come back up for she had forgotten the water basin. Turning around in a full circle, Altaïr looked up and saw her beautiful, brown eyes, widened and afraid. 'Well of course,' he thought ridiculously. 'I'm just graced with possibly every weapon imaginable.' But then he realised how pretty the woman looked.

Her hair was a raven's hair black, her skin like soft caramel, and her lips full and pink.

Altaïr shook his head as he plucked the feather out from between the branches.

"Forgive my carelessness," he said. "It will not happen again." His voice went stern as he continued to speak. "You never saw me. I was never here."

That having been said, Altaïr dropped off of the roof and landed in a soft haystack below.

-------------------------

Just trying my hand with writing fan fictions. My first fanfic ever! What do you think of it? :3

Sorry it's so short. :( But the chapters will start to hopefully get longer with time. :)

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins."~~~