Chapter 6

Picture of Louis to the side:~

[Mariel's POV]

~&~

Tia cracked open the door and peered her head in, before swinging the door wide open. Unlike the tiny room that served as the waiting room for the families next door, this room held an enormous amount of space, which was a contrast to the small swarm of people.

I felt a pang of confusion as to why we landed the larger room, but quickly shrugged it off. It wasn’t an area I wanted to question; the people who looked to be running this didn’t exactly look like they took advice kindly.

“Would you look at that?” Tia exclaimed with an undertone of delight, clapping her hands together. I involuntarily blinked at the closeness of her hands to my face and couldn’t help noticing how Tia’s enthusiasm had caught the attention of everyone in the room. I was tempted to pull my hood up.

“We actually have seats to choose from!” She continued as I shooed her hands away from my face.

There were a couple of decent sized groups filling up the room, as well as a scattering of people around the room. The rest of the room consisted of lush couches, and I looked around in dull surprise; how many waiting rooms must be in the one building?

“Classy.” I agreed blandly.

I caught a violent motion from the corner of my eye, and my eyes snapped up to see Louis waving madly in our direction, surrounded by a handful of people. Louis patted the spot next to him, and I sent him the best thumbs up I could manage while my sleeves were pulled up to my fingers.

“Louis wants you to sit next to him.” Tia informed me with a sly wink in my direction, before prodding me firmly in the back in what I assumed was an attempt to get me moving. I rolled my eyes at her as I moved towards Louis and his group, rubbing my back as a dull throb replaced the pain. There is defiantly going to be bruising there tomorrow.

 “Nothing escapes your notice.” I quipped sarcastically, earning myself another poke in the side. I bumped my elbow into her in return and stuck my tongue out childishly; ignoring the peculiar looks some of the people near-by to me where giving me.

I ran a hand through my hair quickly, trying to make it as presentable as I could without a mirror. I knew I wasn’t much to look at with my dull brown hair and eyes, but still; first impressions, right? Of course, I didn’t compare to Tia’s golden locks and electric blue eyes, but I made up for that in height. And I didn’t let her forget it.

I sat beside Louis, sending the people surrounding us a quick smile before crossing my legs on the couch and tucking my hands into my pockets. Granted, the room was warmer than the others I’ve found myself in today, but it was still far too cold for my liking. I wasn’t made for the colder climates.

“Hey there fellas!” Tia beamed at the small group as she collapsed onto the couch next to me, much to its and my own protests. The seat I was on rose as air rushed into it suddenly, causing me to almost jump out of my skin, before it swiftly settled down.

“Oh my God, no way. You’re Australian! I love the accent!” A dark brown haired girl complemented Tia, pausing her texting to look over her phone. Tia snuggled up to me, her back resting against my side with one leg raised on the couch, like a true lady.

“Thanks.” She grinned, most likely picking up the girl’s distinct accent as quickly as I had. “We could say the same for you.”

I found it amazing that in a country as small as the UK, you could pick up hundreds of different accents from a variety of different places. In fact, I’m sure I read somewhere that for certain UK accents you can pinpoint the person’s exact towns. That takes public knowledge to a whole new level.