My Average Life as a Teenage Spy

Prologue

I was getting ready for my day. I was going to go to the cafe down the street with Annalee, my best friend/childhood friend/best spy partner ever.

My phone started ringing. I room it out of my pocket. The caller ID said 'Your Really Cool Boss'. I rolled my eyes. Josh changed his name again. Josh is my parents' best friend, and the leader of my department. But we are like family, so he lets me call him Josh.

"Hello?"

"Violet, I have your first mission."

"Really?!"

"Yes. I need you and Annalee at my office ASAP."

"Yes sir." I said calm and collected. On the inside I was going "YES!!! FINALLY A REAL MISSION!!! YEASSSSSSS!!!!"

"Okay. See you in a few."

"K."

He hung up. I can't believe this is happening!!!

I texted Annalee.

"Hey Ann. Change of plans. Meet me at Josh's office ASAP"

A few seconds later I got a text back.

"Ok. Thanks Vi. On my way."

With that I grabbed my keys, tucked my knife in my boot, hid my gun in my bag, and left. I got in the car and drove over to the office.

Annalee pulled in at the same time as me. I told her what Josh had told me. We walked into his office together, both excited.

We sat down on the couch. I then noticed that my parents were there too.

"Hello ladies." Josh leaned against his desk.

I smiled at him. "Hello."

He smiled back. "Ok girls-"

Annalee interrupted him. "What. We were ladies a few seconds ago and now we are just girls?" she said but she couldn't hide her smile. I couldn't help but laugh. Josh just rolled his eyes with a faint smile on his lips.

"Anyways. As I was saying. This mission may seem easy to you, but you are perfect for this job. Mainly because of your age. And you are the same size, which will come in handy." Annalee and I exchanged confused looks.

My mom slid us each two folders. The top one read "Subjects". I opened up the folder.

"You two will be going under cover to protect some twins your age. They are the daughters of the senator of Hawaii, Joe Johnson." (A/N: I'm obviously making this up) Annalee and I exchanged glances.

"Does this mean..."

"Yes. You will be going to Hawaii." My dad said.

"Yes!" Annalee squealed.

I opened my other folder. It was labeled "Legend". According to my legend, my name is Bree Jackson. I had a twin named Brynn Jackson. (Aka Annalee). Our dad just got transferred from South Carolina to Hawaii. (This meant I got to fake a southern accent. Those are my favorites.) I do volleyball while my sister does cheer. There was all sorts of things about me that I would have to learn. But that was what I was trained to do. But one thing bothered me.

"But, we look nothing alike. How can we be twins?"

"Ah, yes. I suppose now it is time for you to go meet your stylists."