Circus part 2

~Author's note: Let's just take a moment to appreciate Disco Nightwing. I cannot stop laughing.
...

"I was supposed to be what?" I exclaimed.

"A talon, every generation we present a crop of young boys and they choose one, all those years ago they chose you."

"This is crazy."

He didn't say anything, just gave me a look.

"Oh alright, I get it, so now that I'm here what do you want me to do?"

"It's Raymond."

"He's dead."

"No, he was chosen, after you left they settled for him, and now he's back after all these years with a vendetta, I need your help."

"Okay, we'll keep you guys safe."

...

"What did he want with you?" Artemis asked when I got back.

"He just wanted to go over the mission."

"Then why didn't he just talk to all of us?" Miss M asked.

I shrugged, " I think he thought I was someone else."

...

That night I snuck back out to the trapeze, it had been so long since I'd been on one that I couldn't seem to get enough, jumping over rooftops was one thing, but in my heart I was a performer, I was meant to be up here, sailing through the air, no net to catch me, no one to tell me I was being a show off, just me the trapeze and that imaginary roaring crowd in my head. I'd been holding back earlier, trying not to give myself away to Hayley, to the team, but Hayley knew anyhow and the team was nowhere in sight, just me and the trapeze. 

I was torn from my thoughts by the sound of someone clapping from below. 

"Wow, that was really something, you know I've only ever seen one person who could fly like that, you wouldn't happen to know an old friend of mine? Short, cocky, little bit of a show off, what was his name, Rick? Mick? Oh wait I know, Dick." 

I swung over to the platform and climbed down to face her,

"Hey Raya, long time no see." 

"Well whose fault is that? He doesn't write, doesn't call, it's almost like you didn't miss me at all." She said with a fake pout.

I smiled, "Oh come on it hasn't been that long."

"Five years DIck Grayson, five whole years since I've been the second best aerialist here, that's too long to be the best, I think it's starting to go to my head." She winked as she said this.

"What can I say, I've been busy, the life of a billionaire's son is non stop."

"That's funny because I haven't seen you in the papers in awhile, you just seemed to drop off the face of the planet, and now here you are Damien, it's almost like you're hiding from something, or is it someone? Trouble in paradise maybe?"

"Leave it be Raya, can't you just be happy to see an old friend?"

"Secrets have a way of coming out little bird, look I know you have your reasons, and I know its hard for you to be here, so as someone who cares about you I'll let it be, just know I'm here if you want to talk." She gave me a hug and then walked off the way she had came.

I knew coming back here was a bad idea.

...

Author's note: Hey guys I am sooooooooo sorry it's been so long, I've just had mad writer's block, and I've been working like a crazy person, but I promise I'll try to be better, love you guys! Thanks for sticking with me :)

-Little Red