Chapter XV

Chapter XV

"No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future."

-Umar Ibn al-Khattab

Leyna sighed as she grabbed a shirt out of Michal's closet. She shook her head, annoyed at the sloppy way it was folded. After refolding it, she placed it on his bed. Michal sighed as a he walked in, wearing only boxers and his hair wet. Leyna rolled her eyes. "Where are your clothes?"

Michal smirked. "You know you love it."

She shook her head, the corner of her mouth turning up. In the back of her mind, however, she couldn't agree more.

He sighed as he walked into the closet. He came out with a red long sleeved shirt and faded blue jeans. Leyna's nose scrunched up as she saw the wrinkles on the shirt and pants. Immediately she walked over to her room and grabbed her iron and the ironing stand. When she came back, she snatched the clothes from him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed.

She turned the iron on and instructed him to sit down. Once the iron was ready, she began to work. Every so often, she glanced up at him as he laid sprawled out on his bed. "Leyna?"

Her head snapped up. "Yes?"

Michal turned to look at her. "What do you think is happening to Andrea right now?"

Leyna bit her bottom lip. "Honestly, I am not sure. It can be any number of things, really."

"Well, we only have one more day to grab her."

"Thirty hours, Michal. A day and six hours. One day plus a quarter of another."

He rolled his eyes. "Leyna, you now I could care less about that."

She chuckled. "I know,"

Silence settled between the Alpha and Beta. Eventually he turned to look at her, so she looked up. Their eyes met. Leyna felt her face flush red as she looked down and continued ironing his shirt.

Suddenly, he got up and made his way over to her. His smell invaded her nose as he stood right behind her, his head over her shoulder as he watched her iron his jeans. When she finished, she turned around, only to come face to face with his chest. "Your jeans." She murmured, looking away from his chest.

"Thanks," he said, taking them, but not moving.

"Michal..." she wined as he trapped her.

He suddenly placed his fingers on her chin and lifted her head up so she was looking at him. "Leyna, be honest with me."

She gulped. He knew she wouldn't be able to lie to him. Her nerves began to go into overdrive. "W-whatever you say, Alpha"

His eyes darkened. "Please, call me Michal. It sounds weird when you call me that."

"Okay, A- Michal."

Michal smiled, and then his smile faded as he stared at her. "Do you think I'll ever find my mate?"

Leyna's jaw dropped. "What are you talking about? Michal, you will find your mate, and she- or he- will love you to no end. If you honestly think you won't get a mate, then I'll have to knock you upside the head."

A grin spread on his face. "Thank you, Leyna."

His lips grazed her cheek, and immediately she felt her face heat up and her breathing sped up. When he pulled away, he stared at her flushed face. Leyna held his gaze for a while before dropping it. She turned around and began ironing his shirt. Embarrassment flooded her system. I can't believe I blushed like that she thought, cringing at the thought. Michal still hadn't moved.