Part 2

Abigail's POV

This was it, the night before I was going to be sent back to Ancient Rome with Jason. A part of me was truly worried about him and regretted bringing him to the future. Sometimes he seemed fine with it while others it looked as though he was about to go crazy. Now here I lay wondering what in the world to expect. That's when I heard crying. Sitting up in bed I looked over to Jason who was in tears.

"I can't do it, I've tried to accept this time and what you do but I can't. I really just wish I could return back to my own time period. Please dont think that this means I don't love you because I do and I always will but you know as well as I do that I don't belong here with you." Jason confessed all at once and really fast.

It took me a moment to process what all he had said. It made sense to be honest, he just couldn't stand the shock of the time period. Nodding I stood up and got dressed in my normal clothes. I would have to ask Fred to send Jason back to his time and to write me out of his memory as well. Jason somberly got dressed as well. A part of me knew he didn't want to leave me but this was what would be best for the both of us.

Walking into the lab I saw Fred making last minute adjustments in our story for tomorrow. Needless to say he was not expecting us to come talk to him tonight.

"What's wrong?" Fred asked turning around after hearing the door close behind us. "Something you need to tell me?"

"Send him back Fred, erase everything about me from his memory as well." I tell Fred trying to stay strong and not show any emotions.

Jason pulled me to his side and looked at me with three emotions clearly written on his face. Hurt, anger and sadness. No matter what I wanted I knew this was the best thing to do. He could move on easy in the past without the memories of us together.

"Why would I want to forget you?" Jason questioned me.

"She would have to be erased from your memory because its our protocal. No one is to know about us, not even past husbands I suppose. I'll get the machine ready." Fred says as he stands up and walks to the machine.

"This is the only way, you'll be able to move on so much easier this way." I tell Jason as I look at him trying to ignore the feelings deep inside of me. "Move on, get married and have children. Please just do that."

Jason looked at me confused but took his hand in mine and kissed it. My heart wanted to break but a part of me wouldn't let it. Jason leaned in and kissed me, our very last kiss, our good bye kiss. Pulling away I fought the tears again. Taking off my ring I place it in the palm of his hand. Looking down Jason tried to smile just like me but it didn't work, lucky for me Fred came back just in time.

"It's ready...the faster the better." Fred says motioning for us to come his way.

Walking to the machine that had sent me back so many times, this time felt different. Instead of going back to help people I was sending someone I loved back for their own good. Jason looked at the machine with fear but as Fred began to explain what he might feel it seemed to settle him down.

"No worries, once you get there it'll just be like waking up from a bad dream, you wont remember us." Fred said as he ushered Jason into the machine.

"Abigail, I'm sorry, I do love you." Jason said nervously.

Nodding I stand back as Fred goes to the controls. I can hear Fred typing the time period in the back ground. Jason looks at the machine in wonderment. Never before and never again would he ever see something like what he was inside of now.

"Back to good ole Salem." Fred says as he starts the machine and within a matter of minutes Jason is gone right before my eyes. "You need to rest Abigail."

Turning away from the machine I return to my room. Just to think that a few minutes ago Jason was laying right here beside me a part of me couldn't help but cry now and this time I didn't stop the tears from coming. I cried like a little child.

The next morning I'm up early and already waiting to be sent back to find Hannah. That was my main mission in Ancient Rome. Fred was still yawning as he handed me the file that gave the last location of Hannah to him.

"She was in a general's home? Why? Was she a servant?" I asked Fred who looked down at me.

"I'm not allowed to say really, just uh make sure you have your guard up at all time." Fred seems to warn me in a sense.

Looking over the file I can see this General is well known in Rome go figure it can never be some low level guy's house I have to get into. That would be far too easy. Still looking at the past figures it says he has a wife and two sons who have come of age, just great. My cover was a bit mixed up at first but then I understood it. I was suppose to be a servant but was secretly a fighter with Hannah who is conveniently my sister now.

"Since you know how to fight I didn't figure that background would be hard to you to follow." Fred says as he programs the machine.

"Fighting seems to be something I do a lot." I comment as I walk inside the machine.

"Don't forget, your body is a tool too. If you have to use it then do it." Fred says as he goes to the switch. "Find Hannah, after that kick their ass for all I care."

Fred flips the switch before I have a chance to say anything. My first day in Ancient Rome...wonder how bad that could go?