The Escape

The shuttled landed on a rocky planet appearing to be covered in snow. Alexandria quickly walked out of the craft firmly holding a duffle bag and Jason's wrist. She shoved him towards a cave and threw the bag at him. "Wait." She instructed. She soon returned with a satchel in her hands and walked past Jason. "Follow." She ordered in the same determined tone. They walked for what seemed hours and could no longer see light. The path they followed was twisty and because of the lack of light Jason clutched the belt of his friend. Times like these Alexandria was grateful for her gift. Eventually they reached an opening. There they crossed into yet another cave. Jason's feet began to ache and Alexandria jerked him to a smaller tunnel inside the cave. At the end there was a larger area that was a dead end. Alexandria pushed him in and she followed behind. She shoved a large rock in front of the opening. Quickly unpacking bags she set up an area for sleeping, rolling out a few blankets. A torch was lit and hung on the wall for the moment. She tossed him a pack of crackers and told him goodnight and rolled over against the wall under a blanket. Was this how she lived? Jason pondered. Almost as if reading his thoughts she responded. "Yes, Yes it is."