Mental Instability

Shaky hands gripped the soaked wood beneath them, attempting to steady their person. The rain fell heavily and made it feel as though it was taking everything down with it, including her.

Droplets pelted the girl's face as she tried her best to find some form of shelter. Her body felt weak and she could barely keep herself upright. She would run for a while then come to a stop each time she felt her head spin. And although she hadn't experienced any of her infamous fainting spells in some years, Hinata wasn't planning on taking any chances.

"Just my luck," She whispered harshly as she punched the rough bark. Leaning against the tree, she thought of her options.

As the girl picked at her brain, she could have sworn that she heard a rustle in the trees above. Snapping her head up, she glared the best she could into the sky, blinking away the rain.

"When I need it the most. Damn that man," Hinata huffed. When she saw that it was nothing, she ran her fingers through her soggy bangs and sighed. Reluctantly, she pushed herself away from the tree and continued.

All she knew was that she couldn't stop. She had to keep moving.

He was coming for her.

Scanning the area, she soon discovered a long bridge not too far away. If she managed to make her way across it, she would have a better chance of escape.

As she jumped from branch to branch, her ears caught another sound underneath the heaviness of the rainfall. Placing a hand on her katana, Hinata's eyes quickly rescanned the area.

The trees were just as silent as they were before. The only sound that was present was the water slapping the Earth's surface. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Relaxing her body she let her hand slap her thigh. "You're losing your head, Hyuuga."

Just as she thought the coast was clear, her eyes caught what appeared to be two matching orbs. What stuck out to her the most however, was the fact that they glowed a deep red. Lavender locked onto crimson, causing her heart to skip a beat.

Losing her footing, Hinata's feet slipped from underneath her body. Before she knew it, her body was sailing downward fast. By the time she'd realized her mishap, it was too late. She hit the ground with a painful thud.

Clutching her side, Hinata hissed in pain.

Ever since she escaped the hideout, she'd been seeing his form, his eyes, and even hearing his voice. And every time she stopped, it was gone. It was like no one was there. She felt as if she were going mad.

Completely insane.

Had he messed with her mind that much?

Shaking her head, Hinata pushed herself up from the mud infested ground. She had to quit stopping. She was in no position to properly defend herself. She was vulnerable.

She closed her eyes and attempted to relieve her rising anxiety. I just need to get to that bridge.

As she opened them, she was greeted by an unwanted sight. The same red orbs seemed to glare evilly at her.

She slapped her hands against her skull and shook her head wildly, pulling at her indigo strands whilst doing so. "Get out of my fucking head!"