Mixed Feelings

"He's gonna be pissed if something happens to her, Karin."

The redhead rolled her eyes and huffed. After their last encounter, she'd decided to pretend as if the Hyuuga didn't even exist.

"Oh, please. It's only been what? Four, maybe five days? She'll live."

"And what—may I ask—exactly do you gain from this?" Suigetsu questioned as he cocked his brow.

"The satisfaction of watching her suffer," She shrugged.

Grabbing his gut, Suigetsu burst into a fit of laughter, causing Karin to send a scowl his way.

"You're hopeless," He breathed.

Clenching her fists, she paced back and forth. "She needs to know her place."

Suigetsu shook his head at the woman across from him with a faint smirk lingering on his lips. For someone who claimed to be madly in love with Sasuke, she sure didn't mind making the man angry.

His eyes twinkled, meeting hers briefly. "Listen, it's your funeral—"

"—Oh shut it! Everything will be just fine and dandy when he comes back! Her ass just needs a little discipline, that's all. Now, mind your own business!" And with that she stormed away.

Suigetsu looked over at Jūgo and winked playfully. "Guess we're the only sane ones left in this place."

###

She dumped the cold rice in the cracked bowl, not caring one bit that some of it fell to the ground. She simply scooped it back into the bowl.

"Who does he think he is, anyway?" She muttered as she poured tea in a cup.

She slammed the food on the tray, clutching it tight until her knuckles turned a ghostly white.

After her and Suigetsu's spout, she'd stomped off towards the kitchen. She knew he was right. Just because Sasuke had left for one of his private missions didn't mean she could neglect her duties. She didn't want to know what he'd do if something were to happen to the Hyuuga girl. He'd been awfully unpredictable lately, and Karin sure as hell didn't want to see that side of him. No one did.

She couldn't allow her personal feelings jeopardize their mission.

###

"I'm gonna kill them," She said simply.

"I'm gonna rip their spines out of their damned backs and cram them back up their asses' like nothing even happened." Hinata nodded her head at the idea, satisfied. She thought that would be a fitting demise for her captors.

Hinata leaned her head against the wall behind her and sighed. She was so tired. She hadn't seen food nor sleep in nearly a week. How could she? Though that girl never returned, she had to be ready. If she closed her eyes too soon, she could miss an opportunity.

She grumbled as she rolled her shoulders. She knew it was a dumb idea. Hell, anyone in their right mind wouldn't attempt something so foolish. However, she wasn't just anyone and she damn sure hasn't been in her right mind since that day.

Running her fingers through her now greasy locks, she sighed again. She didn't know where she was or how many others there were if any. Whether or not her body could withstand the battle...

Squeezing her eyes shut, she did something she hadn't done in a long time. Hugging her knees to her chest tight, she prayed.

______________________

It's super short, but it will make writing next chapter a whole hell of a lot easier.

Also, I've edited previous chapters. If you want, you guys can go back and reread. They're minor, yet I think they made a big difference.

I've read the comments and I just want to say thank you!

It means a lot to me, and I hope to get more feedback from you guys. You're all amazing (:

Comment any suggestions, thoughts, hate, etc...

It's all welcomed. ❤️