Chapter Twenty

"Let go of me you filthy piece of junk!" Bailey cried out, and even though her hands were bound, she still fought hard against her captors.  Unfortunately, all of the self-defence classes that she had attended, she couldn't remember if there was a way to escape the grasps of those much much stronger than she.  And, perhaps it didn't help the time that she was in, either. Much of their fighting style that she has witnessed back in her time were the same as it was then, but, much of it was different.

Her captor pushed her hard to the ground, she landed onto her bound hands.  A cry of pain slipped passed her parted lips as she heard a crack, followed by pain that shot up from her left arm.  Bailey swore that the pain radiated throughout her entire body.

Holy shit did it ever hurt! Her eyes watered as the pain was unbearable. However, she refused to cry. She refused to allow these men to satisfaction of seeing her suffer.

As best as she could she lifted herself to her knees, glaring up at the men who stared down at her from behind golden masks. She couldn't really tell them apart except for one of them was shorter, the one who gagged and bound her before leaving the palace.

"What do you want me for?" She asked, trying to sound strong and not afraid, but her voice shook.

"Shut up, wench! You are here as bait."

Her heart dropped. "Bait?"

The both of them chucked. "Yeah," The taller one said, "Bait. Bait for your precious Pharaoh. We know how much he loves his concubines and, I must admit, you are one delectable flower."

She shuddered at the tone of his voice as he said that. There was, no way in hell, she was going to touch that. She would rather die a horrible death by being put in a piranha-invested pool than be with this creep.

"You're fucking disgusting." She growled out, her anger mounting. And, she quickly reminded herself, something she really needed to learn was how to keep her trap shut when in dangerous situations as she saw the deadly glare she received from both men. The smaller one stepped forward, lifted his hand, and then struck her hard across the face.

The blow was enough to knock her back down to the ground and blood trickled of her nose. Bailey groaned in both pain and exasperation. She was extremely frustrated with

the situation that she had found herself in. How could she have been so stupid as to not see something like this coming?

It was because you weren't expecting this, her mind seemed to taunt. If you weren't so busy thinking about your future husband like the dirty girl you are, you wouldn't be in this mess. Would you?

She mentally growled at herself, at her mind. It was true. If she hadn't been thinking about Bes the way that she had then maybe, just maybe, she would have been able to have seen this all coming long before it actually took place.

Her heart stopped as a realization hit her. Was this the plan that Amun and the assassin spoke about just a few weeks prior? She felt sick, after being in this time for God-knows-how-long, she couldn't think about going back to her old life. Her mind flashed back to when she first met the merciless Pharaoh, a Pharaoh who she had never expected to remotely like. But somehow he had changed her mind. She thought of how she slowly, but surely, had grown to like the man.

Had grown to love with all her heart.

Oh, how the Sisters of Fate were so cruel. The crazy, evil bitches needed a new hobby or something, as fucking with people's lives was just downright wrong. And now, not only was Bes going to lose his life, but she would as well.

"Throw her into the dungeon. We'll see for ourselves if his Highness really cares about his delicate flower. If not, she will be left for our master to do as he pleases."

Bailey, in no way, liked the sounds of that. She tried to fight them, but her endurance and her energy was slowly draining from her, like blood from a wound. They held onto her with ease as they headed down the corridor, but not before forcefully putting a blindfold on her.

When they threw her hard down to the ground she just laid there. Her entire body hurt like hell. She held her breath until she heard their retreating footsteps, only then did she began breathing again, although it was coming out in ragged snags.

She laid there for a few good minutes, allowing the pain to somewhat subside before attempting to sit up, a low groan escaped her as she finally accomplished her goal. Taking a deep breath she braced herself for the pain that was about to follow when she tried to wriggle her now swollen hands from the binds. She hissed in pain, gritting her teeth from the sharp, stabbing sensation that emanated and fired up from the broken limbs. She wanted to stop, but she couldn't, she had to do something to get free. She had to warn Bes.

xXx

It was safe to say that Bes was livid. He had done as the note had said. He had gone to the Nile without anyone by his side. His eyes skimmed the surrounding area. He did not see anything out of the ordinary. No one, save for himself, was in the vicinity. He was angry that he allowed himself to be drawn from the safety of the palace. His heart pounded against his ribcage and he cursed the Gods, who were supposed to protect the rulers of their land, for allowing the future bearer of his heirs to be taken from right underneath him.

He spun around when he heard someone behind him. Bes frowned as he saw a small girl running frantically towards him. As she neared he realized that it was one of Bailey's handmaids. She looked flustered and scared all at once as she threw herself down in the scorching sand, at his feet. She bowed her head.

"I apologize for the intrusion, My Pharaoh." She held up a piece of papyrus. "I was cleaning m'lady Bailey's chambers when I found this."

An inhuman snarl escaped Bes as he snatched the piece of papyrus from the girl's small hands, not caring if he hurt her. He read it and cried out in outrage, throwing the paper down to where the girl still knelt. "Get my guards! Go get them now, girl! Or be punished by one thousand lashes."

Her entire body shook with his anger, anger that he directed at her, and she hurriedly got onto shaky legs and hastily made her way towards the palace. His anger burned even more through his veins as he re-read the second note that he had received within the hours that Bailey had been taken.

'We know you want her, precious king. Come to the Valley of the Queens. If you ever want to see your delicate flower If not well... We'll have our own fun with her'

Closing his eyes he waited until he heard the galloping of horses. He turned and saw his chief guard, followed by a few of his finest men, as well as the young girl, come towards him. They made their way over to him, bowing their heads in respect.

"My King." The Chief started. "You summoned us?"

Bes got right to the point. "Whoever kidnapped Bailey wants a fight, so gather twenty of your finest men, and we shall give them a fight." He turned towards the girl. "Tell the kitchen servants to prepare fruits, bread, and pouches of wine for our travels. Go do that now."

The young girl nodded. "Yes, My Pharaoh."

When the girl left he turned back towards the guards. "We are going to the Valley of the Kings. And you have two orders: Find Bailey and kill her captors and the traitor Amun. Is that understood?"

They nodded and Bes smirked wickedly. "Prepare the army. For once and all the people of Egypt will know and fear me."