Two Neptunes, A Midget With Freckles And An Amazing Bouncing Ferret

I woke with a start the next morning. I'd had a similar dream to before and the scar on my heart burned ever so slightly. The clock read 6am and I know that no one will be waking up until at least 7. I changed out of my pyjamas and into my black skirt that was a little bit higher than knee length, my black blouse and my Slytherin robes. I allowed my hair to stay natural after brushing it, it was slightly wavy, just the way I liked it. But Draco had said that it wasn't very good before, maybe I'll speak to pansy about changing it somehow.

I'd usually never wear makeup, I don't even own any. But from the corner of my eye I saw Daphne's make up bag on her bedside table and I couldn't resist. It'd make me prettier for sure. It worked for Daphne. I did a thin layer of foundation, I liked it a lot. It covered up all of my freckles, that I'd noticed I have been gradually becoming to hate again. My eyes were lined with a small amount of winged eyeliner and my eyelashes were made longer with some mascara. It was the best I could do for now at least.

Without making much noise I headed out of our dormitory and down the staircase to the common room. As I got halfway down I noticed Draco and Blaise sat near the fire, talking in hushed whispers. I hung back out of sight and listened In.

"What is wrong with you and Chloe recently?" Blaise asked Draco "you're best friends!"

"Were" Draco replied rather matter of factly, making my chest tight.

"I just don't understand what happened" Blaise shook his head "She hasn't done anything to you"

I was kind of thankful Blaise was doing this, I wanted to know why Draco is being this way towards me. We had been bestfriends for little under two years and all of a sudden we might as well hate eachother. It just doesn't make sense.

"She didn't do anything... She didn't need to do anything" Draco shrugged "She just doesn't mean anything to me"

Those last words hit me hard. 'She doesn't mean anything to me'

Surely that must have been some kind of lie? Lie or not it still hurt, like I'd been stabbed in the chest. I shook my head and took one deep breath before walking into the common room, acting as though I hadn't heard anything at all. I held my head high and stopped by Blaise.

"Coming to breakfast?" I asked him, I wasn't even hungry. I'd lost all appetite, I just didn't want to be alone. Usually it was Draco that would come and have breakfast with me. Blaise nodded before saying goodbye to Draco in an angry voice. It was clear why but I had to pretend like I hadn't noticed it.

The storm has blown itself out, though the ceiling in the great hall is still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter grey swirled overhead as Our group examined our timetables at breakfast once everyone had woken up.

"You've got every lesson with Draco and Blaise this year" Goyle mumbled into my ear so no one could hear him "and you've only got potions, DADA and divination with Me and Pansy"

I sighed slightly and gritted my teeth "Brilliant" I sighed.

"Today's not bad... Outside all morning" said Blaise who was running his finger down his time table "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs, and care of magical creatures... Damn it, we're still with the Gryffindors..."

"Double divination this afternoon" I groaned, looking down. Divination was my least favourite subject. Professor Trelawney kept predicting Mine and Harry's deaths, which we found rather annoying.

"I wish I had gave it up when I had the chance" I scolded myself, causing Pansy to chuckle beside me.

We arrived to greenhouse three and professor sprout was showing the class the ugliest plants I think I've ever seen. Indeed, they looked less like plants than thick black slugs, protruding vertically out of the soil, each was squirming slightly, and had a number  of large, shiny swellings upon it, which appeared to be full of liquid.