The tournament

There was a definite end of the holidays gloom in the air when I awoke the morning that the new school year started. Heavy rain splattered against the window as I got dressed into some leggings and a sweatshirt that was Blaise's... I wore it once last year and somehow never gave it back. I would change into my robes on the Hogwarts express.

I'm used to getting onto platform nine and three quarters now. It's a simple matter of walking straight through the barrier. The only tricky part is making sure no muggles notice. I ran through the barrier and the platform materialised in front of me. The Hogwarts express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts. Harry, Ron and Hermione went to find seats in the Gryffindor compartment and I went my separate way towards the Slytherin area. I sat down next to Pansy and across from Blaise. All of my friends were in our compartment, besides Draco, who was yet to arrive. I'm not complaining though, I haven't spoken to him since the World Cup and I don't plan to yet either.

"I like your sweatshirt" Blaise hinted "where did you get it from?"

"An idiot" I giggled slightly before grabbed a book to read, the rain reflected my mood and I really am not interested in any type of conversation.

I only realised Draco had arrived when I heard his smug voice.

"... Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts, you know. He knows the headmaster, you see. Well, you know his opinion on Dumbledore - the man's such a mudblood lover - and Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riff-raff. But mother didn't like the idea of me going to school to far away. Father says Durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than Hogwarts about the dark arts. Durmstrang actually learn them, not just the defence rubbish we do..."

So he thinks Durmstrang would have suited him does he? I wish he had gone so I wouldn't have to put up with him. I hear Durmstrang is far north, If Malfoy had gone there it would've been so easy to push his off a glacier and make it look like an accident... Shame his mother likes him.

"Amused are we Potter" Draco interrupted my train of thought. I hadn't realised I had laughed out loud when thinking of the possibilities of Draco Malfoy's demise.

"Just read a funny chapter in my book" I said quietly, my gaze firm and cold towards Draco.

The rain became heavier and heavier as the train moved further north. They sky was so dark and the windows so steamy that the lanterns were lit by midday. The lunch trolley came rattling along the corridor and Crabbe bought a large stack of Cauldron cakes for us all to share. However, I was in no mood to eat any.

"My legs are dead, anyone want to come for a walk?" Blaise suggested after the silence lingering in our compartment had become unbearable. I got up quickly, as did Draco, to my disappointment. Everyone else stayed behind.

We walked past my brothers compartment and Draco came to a halt to listen in. I hear Ron talking.

"We saw him right up close, as well" said Ron "we were in the top box-"

I grinned at how much fun the match had been... Until the tents were set on fire and destroyed.

"For the first and last time in your life Weasley" Draco walked in the doorway and me and Blaise attempted to pull him back. I swear he gives us a bad name.

"Don't remember asking you to join us, Malfoy" said Harry Cooly and I grinned at him from behind Malfoy.

"Weasley... What is that?" Malfoy grinned, pointing at Ron's owl, pigwideon's cage. A sleeve of Ron's dress robes were dangling from it, swaying with the motion of the train, the mouldy lace cuff very obvious. I noticed Ron tried to stuff the robes out of sight, but Malfoy was too quick for him; he seized the sleeve and pulled.