Number Series: Sole Survivor

Fire...

Red hot...

So intense...

Full of rage... 

"Get her", the leader of the tribe started as they march forward the direction of the raging falls.

in a distant corner, eyes were watching...

Surveying...

The moon is in full bloom, the only witness to the horror waiting to happen...

In the eyes of the bounty hunters the solemn reflection of the moon showed rage and terror while the eyes hiding behind the bushes are reflection of pain and sufferings...

"Over there", one of the hunters shouted.

In unison the hunters set their bow, arrows aiming in the direction of the bushes.

"I'm trapped", the girl hiding behind the bushes whispered in a hush.

She doesn't know what to do her body's numb from the pain caused by the wounds she got from the violent encounter between her and the hunters. 

It can't be...

Not now...

Not tonight...

Never... 

She closed her eyes, she desperately retire from pain.

Numb from pain and sufferings, she clung to the comfort and safety that the night would bring.

Hopeless, desperate and feeling helpless she closed her eyes.

The hunters let their arrows fly, flaring arrows rained toward the direction of the bushes.

Suddenly a piercing howl filled the air, caught by surprise the girl behind the bushes opened her eyes.

She's not the one that the hunters have seen but the poor wolf hiding in the opposite side of the bushes from where she's hiding.

 Light...

Carefree...

Floating...

Amidst the thin air... 

Then a raven flew towards the end of the falls.

One of the hunters run towards the direction where the raven flew.

Caught by surprise, he found someone at the end of the falls.

"You", shouted the hunter in an authoritive voice while aiming his arrow.

Without looking back, the girl dance in a rhythmic movement.

Time...

And space...

Clouds...

Of vast darkness... 

When she opened her eyes, a blinding flash caught the hunter's eyes. Then she vanished in thin air.

The leader of the tribe checked the place, the only proof that the girl was once there were shining pieces of golden feathers.

"We failed", the leader of the tribe muttered as he direct the hunters back into the village.