Chapter 1

I ran through the trees as quick as possible. I was completely covered with dirt , but I couldn't let them find me. Not yet. I can't believe they are matchmaking again. Just because I'm the princess, doesn't mean I can't find my mate for myself. I hear feet padding behind me. I'm guessing its the kings guards.

"Princess!" One says, "come out by order of the king!" Yeah- as if I'm gonna listen to that. I have Complete power over them if they like it, or not. Anyway, it's not like I can't hide my scent. I can just, merely, stand by a tree a wolf has claimed it's territory on. I don't actually step in it though.

I keep running, quietly, through the trees towards my den. It's not really a den though, it's more of a special place. I sit, read and look at the ocean. It's a rock that you can sometimes find at a beach and there's a hole inside, so it looks a bit like a shark with its mouth open. I sit by there and read a book. Its called the wolf princess, I thought , when I bought the book, this girl was just like me, but she isn't. Just a girl who found out with her friends. I knew all my life.I have got half way through as I read it when I was last here. But I was rudely disturbed by guards stomping around on the beach, looking for me,

"Princess!" They all say, splitting up to try and find me. They never come onto the beach! I might just go back of my own accord. Or pay them not to look for me and just slack off.
Then there's another presence. One more familiar to me.

"Skylar!" Someone shouted. I instantly knew who it was. It was my older brother, Luke. Now I'm in trouble.

I shut my book and snuck out of my den and leaving my brother and the guards searching. I knew they wouldn't ever look in my room, so I decided getting told off by my best friend, Katie, won't be as bad as getting told off by my brother.

I ran home and smelt a strange scent. Pure wolf. I'm not going to stop, otherwise I might give it enough time to find my scent and track me. After all, in pretty sure I'm on her territory and I'm in no position to take her home away from her.

I got back over the small hill with daisies, I use them for daisy chains, and ran towards our magnificent castle. It had crimson roof tiles, white bricks and looked like a fairy tale castle. The red tiles represented the name of our pack. The Crimson moon pack.

So, I climbed up the ladder that trails up the wall of our castle, and climbed onto the balcony of my bedroom. I am quite good at climbing, if I say so myself. I slid my door open and clambered onto my bed to carry on with my book, but, it wasn't in my hand. It was in the bush I had to climb through to get to the ladder. Great.

Luckily, at that moment, Katie came in as she had found out I was missing for the second time this week.

"Skylar! You are in so much trouble you know? Your BROTHER is out looking for you because you have been gone for so long!" She screeched. She gets stressed about things like this. Ever since the Queen, my mother, died, Katie has been taking over and I have to say, I think her more of a sister than a mother.

Oh yes, did I mention my father remarried? She's nice, but I think of her more of an auntie. As long as my fathers happy, I'm happy.

"And oh my gosh! Skylar! Look at your DRESS! What have you done to it! Have you got anything to say for yourself?" On second thoughts, can I change my mind and be told off by my brother instead? This girl is giving me a headache.

"Well, I did learn how to sew?" I said, thinking it would lighten her mood, considering the fact I could sew up the holes in my dress. Fortunately, this helped.

"At least I don't have to sew up your clothes- again. Where have you been?" I have been thinking of bringing Katie there for a while, but I don't know if she would grass. But after this I might as well. But I'm gonna cut through the throne room so dad thinks I didn't leave the house.