Rainy Day

Wednesday was a rainy day. That kind of rainy day, were you just wanted to stay inside. I liked rain, as long as I didn't have to go outside. But to sit inside on a rainy day, with a blanket and some good music, is the best feeling. I was wet from top to toe, when I got home from school like I'd just taken a shower, fully clothed. My dad was in the kitchen, drinking a cup of tea and reading his usual newspaper. "Did you visit mom today?" I asked him, while looking in the fridge for something eatable. "Could you please change your clothes first, so you don't soak the whole house? And yes." He didn't even look at me as he said it. "How is she? Is there a chance she's getting better?" I asked ignoring what he'd just asked me to do. "Not right now, no. But the doctors are doing everything they can." My mom had been in the hospital for a month now. They said it had spread to other parts of her body. They said there was a small chance of survival. I still hadn't visited once, as I didn't liked seeing her like that. I told myself I'd visit her, when she gets better, but that didn't happen. We managed find alone though, just me and my dad. 

I ended up chosing an apple, and went upstairs to change my clothes. We didn't have much food, now my mom was gone, cuz my mom used to do the foodshopping, and my dad had a hard time getting used to it. I immediatly kicked off my wet clothes, and sat down on my bed in my underwear. I studied the apple in my hand, before taking a bite and throwing myself on the bed, with a loud sigh. "Come to the mansion tomorrow night." I said to myself, remembering the note on my window. What was he planning on? I didn't even know what I was supposed to wear. And he didn't even bother telling me, where to find him. I closed my eyes, thinking about the golden eyes as I remembered them. Two stars in the dark. I felt a need to see them again. To let myself feel all the feelings trapped inside of me. Feel jealousy of the clothes hugging his body. Feel excitement when his hand grazed my skin. Feel myself slowly falling in love, by the sight of him.  My ears picked up the sound of the raindrops outside. Drumming on the window. Trickling down the leafs in the trees.  Raindrops falling from the sky, to give the earth water to grow, so we can live. So we can see, and feel. So we can be born, and fade away. Such short lives they have, as they die to keep the planet alive. And we live to destroy, what was build for us. I'm not going to waste my time, or restrain myself. These feelings are ment to be felt. 

I decided on taking a shower. Feel the water rinse my skin, and clear my head. Even though it was a rainy day, it was still a warm day, and I knew just what to wear. I wanted to really make an impression on him, so I put on my scarlet red summerdress. Nothing a boy could resist. And a pair of nude strappy sandal heels. I made sure to take the biggest umbrella we owned, before taking off. 

It was 18.34 pm, when I got off the bus, and it still hadn't stopped raining. It was a terrible weather. The rain hit like bullets on my umbrella, as I forced my way through the driveway to the mansion. When I got up the front porch, I paused to close my umbrella.

"So you came." Someone said to my left. An american accent, that I still hadn't forgotten. I turned my head to the sound of the voice, and on a bench, on the porch, a boy with silver hair was sitting. Pietro. He had a confident smile, as he looked me in the eyes. He got up, and walked over to where I stood. Confused as I was, I just stared at him. "You're looking nice. Dressed up for me?" He asked. Him? In the back of my head I slowly realised what was going on, but had to ask. "Did you write the note?" His curled smile widened. "Yes, you thought it was Nightcrawler?" I nodded, still confused. "How did you know where I live?" "You see... I always start my day off with a run, and as I was running, I saw a confused Nightcrawler jumping out a window, and teleporting himself from place to place. I was just currious to what he'd been doing inside someone elses house, in the morning, so I went to check out who lived in this house, and saw you." He stopped and waited for my reaction. "My house is like an hour away from the mansion on foot." He almost laughed at me as I said that. Amused. "Yeah, thats not a problem for me." he said.