Black tie affair

Credit: its-just-hollyn

Zayn — He looks rather dashing in his tuxedo, dressed to the nines to attend this formal dinner with you. Your cousin was recently engaged, and decided to throw an engagement party to celebrate her happiness. (Though it turns out your cousin will be a bridezilla, but we won’t tell her that.) You were given the option of inviting a plus-one, and obviously you decide to take your boyfriend Zayn. However, you had never imagined that he was going to look this amazing."I’m going to have to keep you close," you say to him as the two of you walk into the hall that was the venue for the evening. “All the other females in the room are going to try to steal you away from me.” Zayn merely chuckles in your ear, putting an arm around your waist and holding you close himself. “I could say the same for you,” he whispers with a smile in your ear."All the guys in here keep looking at you, but they can’t have you. You’re all mine."

Louis — He fusses impatiently with the tie, pulling it away from his neck but then tightening it again back in place just a moment later. You laugh, reaching up to straighten it, before placing your hands on his chest and looking up into those blue eyes you adore so much. “Stop fidgeting,” you tease lovingly."There’s nothing to be nervous about. It’s not like you haven’t been in front of people before." Louis doesn’t answer, merely sighing and straightening his tux jacket now. "Yes, but it’s never been like this," he finally says, looking down at you. "I’ve always gone in front of people to perform. This time, I’m walking down the aisle." You smile again, shaking your head. It was nothing to be nervous about. Yes, this was a wedding, but it wasn’t like it was yours and his wedding. It was just a friend’s, and he’d been asked to be a part of the bridal party. A close friend of the bride, Louis was afraid he was going to make a fool of himself. “Don’t worry,” you say again, standing on tiptoe to give him a quick kiss. “I’ll be in the congregation, watching you. You’re going to be fine.”

Harry — “C’mon, Y/N!” Harry calls from the other side of the hotel door, knocking loudly in order for you to hurry up. You’re attending an awards show with him and the boys this evening, and it just so happened to be a black-tie event. Which would figure, because it would mean you needed to dress up in a gown and heels and make-up. Sure, it wasn’t that big of a deal, but you’d been running late. A run in your pantyhose, then smearing make-up and accidentally poking yourself in the eye with the mascara wand. You couldn’t get your hair to hold a curl to save your life today, either. "I’m coming!" you call back, hopping slightly as you pull on your shoes and throw open the door. Of course, Harry looks amazing in his suit, as if he had just stepped out of a magazine. Even so, his eyes light up at the sight of you, and you blush all the way to your toes.“You look beautiful,” Harry murmurs with a smile. "C’mon, let’s go, love."

Niall — “Where are we going?” you ask with a laugh. Niall had called you earlier in the day, ordering you to dress up in your fanciest dress and do your hair and make-up special. Then, when he came to pick you up, he wrapped a blindfold around your eyes and told you that it was a surprise. Even so, you were constantly asking exactly where you two were heading. Finally, you felt the car pull to a stop, and the blindfold removed from your eyes. "Where are we?" you ask, blinking a bit from the sudden light. As your eyes adjust, you can see that Niall has pulled up to a small diner. Upon closer inspection, you can see that it’s the same diner where you two had first met. “Happy anniversary,” Niall said with a sweet smile, taking your hand and leading you into the diner. Together, you share the exact same meal that had taken place a year before on this very day, reliving one of the best days of your entire life.

Liam — He had looked amazing in his tux. But those brown eyes had been staring at you all throughout the evening, even when his eyes should have been on the ceremony taking place between Zayn and Perrie. You were constantly nudging him, telling him to pay attention to the happy couple. Liam would, but his eyes would always come back towards you. Just before the reception started though, Liam pulled you into the coat room to get some privacy. "You look amazing tonight," he whispers now, lips nuzzling your neck gently. You’re still in the coat room, a little more frazzled than you were before simply by how Liam had kissed you and touched you and basically made you feel like the luckiest girl alive. “We should get back out there,” you whisper breathlessly, not really meaning any of your words. "We will," Liam whispers back, trailing his lips up to your mouth. "Later."