Chapter 11

xChapter 11x

Saturday, February 9th, 2003

1:27 A.M.

The Best Church Retreat Ever

"Marcus!"

My eyes fly open to see a pair of brown eyes staring back at me, causing my body to jolt violently and gasp suddenly. My suddon terror seems pretty hilarious to the guy in my face.

"Chill out," he whispers while trying to not laugh, "It's just Winston."

That does not sooth my racing heart whatsoever.

"What the hell? Could you please get off of me? What time is it?" I whisper back and yawn right in his face just to show him how tired I am. I would push him off but my arms can't summon the energy to do so.

"I dunno, like one thirty?" responds. "I was hungry and wanted to go searching for something to eat."

I roll my eyes. This guy might be amusing, but he's also kind of a pain in the ass. He's like an overly excited puppy. "Then why did you wake me up? Just go by yourself."

"I don't want to go by myself. There might be ghosts out there or something," he says with mock fear. I'm amending what I stated earlier; he's actually an overly excited puppy with separation anxiety.

x x x x x

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this," I mumble to myself as I follow Winston down the hallway. He must have heard me because his head whips around and he glares at me. He presses his index finger to his lips and turns back around. We take a sharp left and land ourselves in the church's kitchen.

"Sweet Jesus!" Winston exclaims as we look upon the bounty of fruits and pastries just waiting for breakfast to come rolling around.

Slam.

Winston's head whips towards me with his eyes completely bulging out of his head with panic. I quickly switch off the lights and grab the back of his t-shirt, dragging him as quickly as possible to the open door of the pantry. Quickly I shut the door behind me and the moment I hear the click, I hear a switch flick on and see light shining through the bottom crack of the door.

"We're so dead," Winston mumbles beside me.

"You were the one who made me do this!" I whisper back. I turn to glare at Winston but I can't see his face because it's too dark. The only thing I can see is the light shining in through the bottom of the door, illuminating our bare feet.

All of a sudden, I see the shadow of two feet cascade through the crack. "I just asked, you didn't actuay have to--oof," Wintson grunts after my elbow goes sailing into his side. The feet stop moving and I hold me breath, just in case whoever is on the other side of the door can hear it.

The feet shadows shuffle closer and closer to the door, sending my heart into race mode. The second the knob starts to turn I grab the back of Winston's shirt again and whip him back with me to my left, so that when the door opens, it will be blocking us.

Pressed up against shells holding God knows what, the pantry door flies open, bashing both me and Winston in the face. We both have to fight to yelp out in pain.

The body stands in the open door for a couple beats before grunting and shutting the door behind him or her. We stand motionless on the side of the pantry until we see the light cut off and hear the kitchen door close shut.

"That was too close," I whisper sharply and reach for the doorknob. Turning it in my hands, it probably turns a good millimeter before I can't turn it any farther.

"Oh no," I say, fearing what I'm thinking is actually true. That I might be stuck in here with-

"What' sthe prob?" Winston asks.

-Winston Marshall.

"It's locked."

x x x x x

"So," Winston says in the darkness.

"So," I say awkwardly, biting at a fingernail on my left hand.

"D'you spot any cute ladies during worship tonight? Or I guess it was yesterday..."

A short snort escapes my throat. "No, not really. Don't frankly care all too much," I say truthfully.

"Wait..." Winston pauses for a second. "You aren't gay, are you?" he asks me.

I heave a sigh. "No, I'm not."

"Okay, just had to clear that one up. Why don't you care? Lady back home?" I can nearly hear the smirk on his face through his voice.

"I, uh..." Carey... Isn't my lady back home. Not now, anyway. No matter how hard I wish it could be that way, I can't lie to myself and say she's mine. No matter how strongly I feel for her.

Winston starts going a mile a minute. "Ah, what I'm guessing is that you are deep within the confines of a heated love triangle..."

"Winston."

"With twins!"

"Winston."

"One of them gives better head, doesn't she?"

"Winston!"

"That's always how it--"

"WINSTON!" I nearly shout. This gets him quiet. "Please. I'll tell you just... Stop."

Silence soon follows, so I know it's okay to speak. And I do. About everything. It's interesting how I am able to put my full trust into someone I hardly know, but I do anyway. I tell him everything, from the first letter to my recent epiphany.

When I'm done telling my story, the only noise that can be heard is our breathing. After a while, Winston softly clears his throat and says in a surprisingly serious tone, "You should tell her. In person."

"Really?" I ask. I had been playing around with the idea in my head, but I thought I was just crazy or something. But now that someone else is thinking the same thing...

"Yeah, really."

And in mere moments, I have made up my mind.

I'm telling Carey Mulligan I love her.

{A/N}

So I've never done this whole 2 chapters in one day deal before, but it's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Plus I thought I kinda skimped on you guys with that's at chapter, so VOILÁ!

I has another thing to say...

I have major plans for another major fanfic that will be I full swing once I finish this one :) I'm not saying anything else *cough*itsateddwanefic*cough*

Express your feels in the comments and gimme a good liking if you feel so included! LOVELIES I LOVE YOU! (But not quite as much as the Mumford niños)