Chapter Five - Movie Date

Louis.

"So, where did you find them?" Liam sat next to me on the couch.

"They were lying on the grass," I said, flicking through some channels on the TV.

"And they...?" he started, looking at me. I watched the TV, sighing and turning to look at him.

"They kissed." Liam stared at me with a blank expression. He then nodded and looked down. He seemed sad for some reason.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked. Liam sighed and shook his head. He began to shake his leg up and down as if he were thinking.

"I dunno, it's just... three years ago the worse she would do was say fuck or something, now she's getting high and going out drinking. She needed someone, her dad... us," he said. When he put it like that, it broke my heart a little. "We weren't there."

"You know, it could just be because of whatever it is she went through, because we both know it was something," I said. Liam sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know. I feel guilty. We left and never spoke to her again; we could have at least send her a text once in a blue moon." Liam was right. She needed her dad--or even us--and no one was there. She was alone and had to learn to fend for herself.

And that broke my heart a lot.

Harry.

Next Morning.

I poured the hot water from the kettle into the mug while yawning and scratching the back of my neck. I just woke up and I was tired.

I heard footsteps and thought it was one of the boys, until a pair of small, skinny arms wrapped around my waste. I smiled and grabbed her hands, then pulling her around in front of me. I lifted her up on the counter and rested my hands on either side of her thighs. "Mornin', love."

"Goodmorning, Harry." She grinned at me, showing off her teeth. I couldn't help but smile back and lean up to peck her nose.

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to go to a movie with me later, would ya?" I said smoothly. She smiled and nodded eagerly, her head tilted.

"What're we seeing?" she asked, biting her lip. My breath hitched and I froze up as I stared at her, eyes fluttering and biting her lip. "...Harry?"

"O-oh, we're seeing The Conjuring." She gave me a... look. I couldn't tell what it was, but it was a look I hadn't see.

"Isn't that a horror?"

"I'll keep you safe."

Mica.

Later That Day.

"What do you even wear on a date?" I asked, turning to Niall who was lying on my bed and, most likely, on Twitter. "You're supposed to be helping!"

"Didn't you go on a date with Jacob before?" he said, still not looking at me. He smiled at his phone like he always did when he read fans tweets.

"I've chosen not to remember anything about him," I said as I turned back to my wardrobe. "Like, do I wear a dress or- this is nice. Should I wear this? Or this! Oh, Go-"

Niall cut me off before I could say anything else. "Oh my God, shut up Mica!" he laughed. "Let me get something for you."

Niall ended up giving me a yellow skater skirt, black combat boots, a white Nirvana jacket and a white T-shirt. For a guy, he had a really nice taste in clothes.