Chapter Two - Flirtation

Mica.

I sat in my room in anticipation, afraid to go downstairs and have to talk to the boys. I twirled my phone between my fingers and sighed, running my free hand through my hair and yanking.

As if on cue, though, there was a knock at my door. My head shot up to watch it as it creaked open slowly, and in stepped Louis, a soft smile resting on his features. I got up from my bed and walked to my desk, settling my phone down on it as I stared out the window.

"Mica, hi," he mumbled, his voice gentle. "I just want to talk. Can we talk?"

"You can talk," I muttered as I turned to sit on my bed again, facing away from Louis.

"I just." He stepped inside, shutting the door behind him. Slowly, he walked towards my bed, sitting on it yet as far away from me as possible. "I want to know what's going on. I understand you're upset with us; I'm upset with us for what we did, but I know there's something else going on, Mica, I know you."

It hurt. It hurt because he was right; he does know me. These boys know me better than anyone else I can think of after only spending a couple months with me three years ago. Although it seems it, though, I haven't changed as much as I make it seem; and he knows me.

I was quiet, and I was trying to decide whether or not to talk to Louis; to let him in on my secrets. Warily, I turned to him, my eyes trained on the pattern in my bed sheets. Slowly though, I raised my eyes, looking up at Louis who was already looking at me.

"I don't know what to say," I whispered.

"That's okay. You don't need to say anything right now. But... but there is something I do need you to do."

I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"You need to talk to Harry."

"Louis, I can't just-"

"I know," he said, cutting me off, "I know. It's all so difficult right now. I get you, Mica. But you need to talk to him."

I stared back down at the pattern on my blanket, tracing my finger over it slowly before I nodded and sighed. Louis thanked me quietly before getting up and walking away. Again, I ran my hands through my hair and let out a breath of air.

Startling me, my bedroom door swung open again, and someone stepped inside. I turned towards that direction, watching Harry enter my bedroom. He had a sheepish smile on his face, and he was awkward, that I knew.

"Hi, Mica," he mumbled, his eyes trained on the floor.

"Hey, curly," I said. Harry's eyes shot up and he grinned at what I said. Mentally, I slapped myself, cursing at myself for calling him curly. It hadn't even been a day and I was already slipping back in to the old habits. "Sit down."

He strode towards me and took a seat on the edge of my bed, resting his hands awkwardly in his lap and fidgeting with his thumbs. I stared at his wrists. I could see the old, white scars that littered his arms, worse than the rest on his wrist, and I bit my lip.

"What happened, Mica?" he asked me, his voice so quiet it was almost silent; I almost didn't hear him.

I swallowed a growing lump in my throat and shook my head, unable to look Harry in the eyes.

"We just wan't to help. All we ever want to do is help you, and I wish you understood that."

"I do." I nodded, finally looking up at him. "I remember you. I remember every little thing about you, and how all you want to do is help me. And I want you to, trust me I do, but it's... Harry, it's so painful. And you, you were gone. You left, Harry."