Chapter six; Another Member

Avvi's SOTS

I groaned as I woke up. I was in a dark, cramped space. Hm. I remembered what had happened and smiled. I had always wanted to be a vampire.

I started thinking about Steve from the Cirque du Freak series. We were so similar. For example:

His dad is gone. So is my mom. His mom’s always drunk. So is my dad.

He’s obsessed with vampires. He becomes one.

I am utterly, totally, completely obsessed with vampires. And I had become a half vampire.

Dream come true.

I tried to get up, but a pair of arms held fast around me."Balthazar." I groaned. "Let go."

"No."

"Seriously. I'm twelve, and you're physically sixteen. This is SO disturbing. And I want to go see where we're at." I sighed in compaint.

He grumbled as he let me go. Quite reluctantly, while I'm at that.

As I stepped out of the coffin, I noticed we were underground somewhere. I looked outside and noticed we were somewhere in Wisconsin or something. I could tell by some of the plants. "How the hell did we get in Wisconsin?"

"I ran." Balthazar yawned. I rolled my eyes and turned around to say something. Which never came out, because he was only wearing BOXER SHORTS, and NOTHING ELSE. "Holy crap! WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed, hiding my eyes. "Oh, be quiet, I'm not the only one."

"What now?" I looked down and saw I was only in my bra and undies. "OH MY GOD! YOU PERVERT! WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES!?" I yelled at him, trying to cover myself. "Upstairs, last door on the left." He snickered.

"You better not have tried anything!" I warned him as I ran for the stairs as fast as I could. He mumbled something about how soft I was.Well. This WOULD be a dream come true if I didn't have to live with a Perv for eternity. I silently said (sarcastically) to myself.

I came out (in clothing, thank the lord) and Balthazar shook his head when I came back down the stairs. He was wearing his usual shirt and coat again. "Do you wear anything else besides that?" I wrinkled my nose. He looked down at his clothing and replied, "Naw. I never need to change clothes. I don't grow, so I don't have to go shopping or stuff."

(Pic is the front cover of A Practical Guide to Vampires by Treval Vorgard. Got my inspiration from this book. ^.^)

"The Hunters are going to find us here. We have to move on. I can't let them find my secret." He looked out the entrance to the cave. "Where chould we go?"

"My town." I blurted. He looked at me, shocked. "What?"

"My town. My life was THE WORST life possible, maybe, and they'd never expect me to go back there."

He slowly nodded his head. "Okay. Where to?" I pointed in the way where I was somehow sure my hometown was. "Some place called Barren in Illinois.(Author's Note: Made it up. Never ask.) It's ppretty bad where I live. You'll know when you see it."

"Alright. Get on my back." I did. Hesitantly. Since I woke up half-freaking naked, I was worried he would rape me or something.

Wait, that reminded me, did he do anything to me last night? Do I know? Nope. That's great.

It took Balthazar a while to find my town. It was daybreak by the time we got there, so Balthazar went into the forest and found a cave to sleep in while I walked around. The trailer park was basically the same. Dad's trailer was looking abandoned. And pretty dirty. Figures, since I was the one cleaning it.