2

"Vanilla Iced Coffee with Caramel drizzle and a half dozen of glazed doughnuts?"

I nod my head, handing her my debit card.

She hands me the drink and my card back, along with the receipt.

$13.84 for that shit. Geez being a kiss ass is
expensive.

My mind wonders back to Austin asking me to come over. I wonder what would've happen if I did go, if Jack would've spoken to me, or if he would've came with another girl.

I mean we have been broken up for nearly a year, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't care.

I would never bring someone new in front of him, especially not after all we've been through together.

Cars honking from behind me bring me out of my thoughts, rolling up to the next window.

I need to stop zoning out while driving, it's clearly not working very well.

•••

As I pull into the driveway, I notice my mom is already here.

Damn, no time to prepare.

I unlock the door and walk in, walking in the kitchen to set down my mom's surprise.

"Mom I'm home!" I yell, ready to face her.

She walks in holding her phone, not looking up at me at all.

"No detention today?" She asks, still not noticing me.

"No mom, I told you i would focus more on my work instead of getting in trouble." I shoot back.

"Wow, that's a whole two weeks without a detention! I'm proud of you!" She states, finally looking up. She notices the doughnuts and coffee sitting in front of me on the table.

"Oh wow, are these for me?" She smiles real big while I nod.

Part of me feels bad for lying at the fact she doesn't know I've had detention twice this week already, I just managed to convince Ms. Hales not to call my mom.

She's already face deep into her second doughnut when she realizes I'm still standing here.

"Did you want something?" She asks, eyeing me.

"Well, um. You know that rapper I listen to?" I start.

"Which rapper, you listen to almost all of them?"

"Chance, Chance the Rapper." I continue.

She nods her head, drinking some of her coffee.

"Well him and this guy named Lil Twist are throwing this p-party and ya know since Jess's mom and his mom are like childhood friends, we kinda got invited." I notice she's on her phone again, so I pause, waiting.

"So, you want me to let you go to some rapper's party?" She says with an attitude.

"Yeah, b-but before you say anything, Jess's mom already gave her permission so it's kinda on me weather we're going or not." I say quickly.

She takes a another sip of her drink, slowly making her eyes way back up to mine.

"When and where is this party?" She asks.

"It's ya Chance's house on Saturday and it starts at 9."

"When does it end?"

I can tell I almost have her by the way shes asking so many questions. I think the doughnuts really sold it, she's already on her 4th one.

"I'm not sure but Jess and I were invited to stay the night since they're friends, but if your not cool with that I can totally just stay at Jess's for the night, or come home even."

I'm literally giving her every alternative just to show her how bad I want this.

She looks up at me, starting to shake her head in disagreement. I take notice that she's not liking the plan, so nows my time to add some fluff.

"I promise I wont drink or anything and I'll drive myself so I can come straight home if I need to."

Her head shoots up towards me.

"Come on mom, I really wanna go. When will I ever get another opportunity to go meet actual celebrities?" I beg.

"You have to text and check in."

I slowly start smiling as I look up at her. "So, is that a yes?"

"Yes, but you're not staying the night. If you stay at Jess's then it's fine but you're not staying at some random guy's I don't even know."

I start jumping up and down as I rush to hug her. I give her a quick kiss and rush up the stairs to my room.

I quickly pull my phone out my pocket and text Jess.

iMessage to Jess
party is a goo!!! planning my outfit now bihh
5:12pm